Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber help!
Just looking for some direction. I am heading down to Ogden in a few hours with my neighbor. We are going to have some time to kill, so we wanted to try out the Weber. Neither of us have ever been fishing on it, so we were just hoping someone could point us in a direction or two to some decent parts of the river. Feel free to pm if you want. Again, I don't need any honey holes or anything. I don't know anything about river access that is available either. Just looking for someone to point me in a good direction. Thanks in advance for any help!
[signature]
I am no expert on the rivers in Ogden, but I did just read on the DNR site that the Ogden River stretch at Washington Blvd and for ways down, is a new "Blue Ribbon" fishery.
There are a few restaurants there that provide good parking. Might be worth giving a shot.
[signature]
I guess if you went today, this won't help you now but the easiest access is right by city hall in Riverdale. There is a walkway that follows the river upsteam and down. Upstream is best but there are a few holes down as well. Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice. Got some other PM's too, and appreciated the help given. We went, but didn't end up catching anything. It was okay, though. It was nice to get out for a little bit on some water we had never been on. We weren't able to fish for too long. I wish it were a little closer to be able to fish it on a more frequent basis.
[signature]
i went down and was lookin for that little boy that fell in the river this last year and i found what looks like some interesting spots. i would like to fish around the confluence