Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake
Made the long trip up to Henry's on Saturday. It was well worth the 2:30 AM wake up and the drive. Got home at 11:00 PM that night Between 5 of us we caught well over 80 fish, might even push 100. Nothing huge, average size was 18 inches, and we got a few that were pushing 24 - 25 inches. Lost a couple at the hole that were probably a little bigger then that.

We were on the ice by 9:00, and the fishing was hot till about 12:00. Then we had to move around till we found the fish again. Once we found them around 1:30 it was pretty fast again. Seems like schools came through about every 20 mintues, and when they came through there were multiple doubles and even some triples.

White was the ticket for color. Didn't seem to much matter what type of lure, but the color was important. I ended the day with a small white swedish pimple and was hammering them, but the fish didn't like it earlier in the day, go figure.

Baits used were Meal and wax worms and nightcrawlers. Mealies seemed to catch more consistently but if you switched up the fish still hit the other baits too.

My phone died early cause I forgot to switch to airplane mode so only got a couple pictures.

It was a blast!!
[signature]