Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 12-16
I had plans to head for Lost Creek, but with the front already dropping some snow, I decided EC would be a safer bet. Hit the lake around 12 noon, started at the ramp and first cast brought a nice 19 incher to shore. Spent about an hour with only a few more bites, so we decided to head over to Taylor's Hollow. The fishing was much faster there and in about 3 hours 2 of us caught our limits and more. Most of the fish were healthy and fat, with a few over 16". Nothing big, but it was a lot of fun and the weather and wind weren't too bad. Caught all the fish on tubes tipped with minnow.

No ice except for the flats around the inlet and it was all mush. The lake is the lowest I have seen it, with the large bolder that is normally just sticking out of the water near the inlet, is high and dry, with only the river channel holding water until it drops off.
[signature]
Thanks for the repot. Im kind of wondering if EC will even freeze this year. But maybe since it is so low it might. I was out there on 9/28and it was super low. That picture was in september near the inlet by the first camp/day use area on highway 65.
[signature]
The water level looks about the same, that is too bad, I was hoping it would have come up a lot since September. Hyrum came up a lot since the end of summer, I was thinking most other lakes would have too.

I don't know what it is about EC, but I love that little lake and while I have never caught anything too big there, I get the hunch that lake can produce some huge fish.
[signature]
There are some huge fish in EC, I know of a few that were over 10 lbs and several that were 7-8 lbs. Most if not all were caught in the Fall or early Spring and from folks that were fishing from shore or float tube. KSL had one that was posted a year ago or so, that was caught while ice fishing.
[signature]