Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry ladders 12/31 report
OK Here is the Ladders report.

4 to 6 inches of ice. About 3 inches of snow on top of that. There are some small slushy spots that fol you as you step on them. I sunk into a couple. Not too deep though. about an inch or 2. One spot straight out from the creek about 400 yards out the ice felt like it cracked and caved in an inch. That was enough to make me move closer. Other than those small little issues the ice is in good condition and it clear. It should be getting thicker by the day.

Ok, on to the fishing. I guess the only thing to say about it is it sucked. I marked 4 fish on the sonar from 8 am to about noon when my son starting getting cold. I got one nice rainbow for the stove but the other 3 were not interested. I caught it on a 1 inch tube. Black head and green tails. Nothing seemed to work today. I threw everything but the actual tackle box at them. I fished anywhere from 11 to 32 feet of water. The rainbow was caught in 16 feet of water near the shore that everyone walks in on.

There were a lot of people at CCE when I drove by in the morning but by the time we left most of them were gone.

As for people waiting for Jordanelle to ice up, I wouldnt hold your breath. From what I could see the reservoir is 100% open water.

I hope that helps out anyone that is heading out there. I hope I didnt leave anything out.

The picture of the fish finder is what it looked like 99.9% of the day.
[signature]
Decent rainbow, though...... Now I know from that picture that a papertowel is 18" square...[Wink]
[signature]
LOL I guess youre right!! Better than sliming up the counter top with a slimer! The old lady might not let me fish again if I did that.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, think I will give it another week. I hit the ladders with the kids since it is easy on and off the ice there. Maybe we will see you out there this season when it thickens up.
Hopefully it gets better! You just moght see me there. I like the ladders.
[signature]
[quote Hookinup]Decent rainbow, though...... Now I know from that picture that a papertowel is 18" square...[Wink][/quote]

Looks like two paper towels to me.
[signature]