Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFH at Utah Lake 1-2-13
Utah Lake - I went out yesterday to the American Fork Boat harbor with Bscideri and his dad. We arrived at 1:30pm to see a ford truck that apparently missed the bridge at the entrance and hit the canal of the american fork river. I was going to take a pic but as Bscuderi's father said while every car on the way in stopped...."He's emabareassed enough, let's go". Certainly well put!

So we walked around and started the search. Bscuderi's dad was the 1st to put a whitie on the hard deck. Every 20 mins or so I moved around till around 3pm I finally got a white bass on the ice. From there the action picked up and I managed 57 white bass, 1 green sunfish, and 1 bluegill. Bscuderi got around 25 fish and his dad got a little bit less fish on the deck. Somehow I think it had to do with the Tube Dude jigs I had on me. [Wink] I finally invested in a electric knife and that sure saved me tons of work too!

One of the more decent white bass yanked from the depths.
[Image: IMGP5275_zps5f9d48fc.jpg]
My 1st ever Green Sunfish from under the ice.
[Image: IMGP5277_zpsdb5246dd.jpg]
[signature]
Very nice day for all of you. I really like your green sunfish.
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Nice. Glad you got into a few. That greenie is a purty l'il thang. Quite a few green sunnies come through the ice at AF.

Looks like you were swimming "feathers" for the whities. Sometimes that can be the ticket. Hard to beat the breathing action of marabou.

Did you get your new auger blades installed?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks for the report, Nice haul too. Bscuderi's father sounds like a wise man but, there's always room for more embarrassment. [crazy]
[signature]
AWESOME!!!!
[signature]
I think you call them "mantua medicine" or something. We love them for bluegills, perch, and now white bass too.

I didn't get the auger blades yet. I called scheels the other day and they said they had them in the store. I got there before Utah Lake and the curved blades are not available in the store.

Green sunfish are one of my favorite fish to catch....they look like a tropical aquarium fish to me.
[signature]