Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Rabbit Gulch perch at Starvy?
We are probably going to hit Starvation again on Tuesday. I hope to have a 4 wheeler so we could go around to the bridge if necessary but I'm hoping some of the crowd from the weekend found some perch in Rabbit Gulch. Any information such as depth would be appreciated. If anyone else is going tomorrow, look for us around the pond.

Mike
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=789346;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=789346;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Fished RG on Saturday and we were in about 40-45'. Never got a bump on bottom but sure did well for the rainbows. Took home 7 between three of us and released at least that many back to live another day. Talked to a few guys while leaving, they didn't get any perch but were targeting the bows. Also talked to a guy who fished by the bridge and got nothing. But it very well could have been the Army of people there saturday. Heading back up on wed so please post how you do.
[signature]
Mike, I was at Starvation Sat and was the first CRAZY to take a 4wheeler out...there was a crowd at the bridge so we went to Bunny Hole....not all that good but not in the right spot more than likely...seemed the fish were closer to shore. We were in the middle between the islands. Straight out from the ramp. Water was about 25 ft there and we had one little fast bite and then nothing for hours.
The ice was easily 8" thick, and the temps cold...so....a day or two more and the lake is OPEN FOR RIDING!! I woulda but there were clear spots all over. There were people out on the point (s side of the mouth) but I didn't get brave and ride out there. Shoulda! Coulda! didn't! As soon as the point can be crossed the bridge is just a stop...look out river end! Good luck. We only caught one jumbo two mediums one dink and 3 slimers (one Steelie)Might wanna try a different spot than straight out from the ramp![Image: beaten.gif]
I betting they're in 25' and LESS of water now...it's COLD!! Just a thought. Kinda up where we fished 2 yrs ago. Near that island on the s side of the upper bay.
Take'n Pete wiff ya!? Tell him Wayne said Hi and I wanna trade my Ice 55 for a Vex!! One of these days I might figure it out!?
[signature]
Thanks for the information. It now looks like we will go on Wednesday due to a work conflict with one of the Price Perch Posse.
I got a PM from someone who should know and he thinks the lake is good for ATVs all over. I think if we spread out a little and try different depths in Rabbit Run we can find those Yellow Barred Demons!
Report to follow whenever we get over there.

Mike
[signature]
Hey my three boys and I fished rabbit gulch on Sunday. We were in 53' of water and the schools of perch were coming through by the hundreds. They would black out the bottom of the sonar and my boy was watching them on the sonar. The big problem was that they had lockjaw. We only got one bite and the eight year old missed. It was frustrating watching twenty to fifty perch swim within two feet of our jigs and just totally ignore them. 1/16- 1/4 oz glow tube jigs, Swedish pimples,ice flies, Nils jiggers everything but the kitchen sink!

All that I can think of is that we were to late for the bite. Got there at 11:00 trying to spare the kids the worst of the cold. Maybe the perch had a big breakfast and weren't hungry any more!

We did have a nice day out of the house and inversion though. And the kids brought there ice skates and were cruising around visiting the other fishermen, no they weren't catching anything either.
[signature]
We'll be going tomorrow morning and we should be fishing by 0800. We will give that 48 to 54 feet of water a good look and see if the fish are still eating breakfast. Thanks for the information.

Mike
[signature]
If ya see a couple old caners pull up in a maroon Dodge 4 door pickup, that'll be my friend Bob & I. Give us a "hello". Always like to meet another BFTer. Here's hopin' you do great & mebby we do better.
[signature]
We'll keep an eye out for you Tom. We will start out somewhere in Rabbit Gulch and there will be two of us with an ATV.

Mike
[signature]