Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch jerkin at The Rock
Hit Rockport today from 8 to 230.

I fished out by the boat ramp. Nice temperatures today and great to get out of this crap in the valley.

I managed 1 small rainbow. But the reason I went up there is for the perch.
I got 25 perch which I think is a good haul for Rockport.

If you want to know where I got the perch PM me and ill give you the grid. I marked it on the GPS. They were all in 40 feet of water.

On a side note. People please take your trash off the lake with you!! I picked up 2 empty propane cans just sitting on the ice. Whoever dropped them smokes a lot of camel lights. PICK UP YOUR CRAP!!!! You make us all look bad!! If the shoe fits wear it.

The second picture is the biggest perch and the smallest perch. Most were in between those 2. And the third pic is the garbage they "forgot"
[signature]
Great Report!!! Might run the kids up After school sometime this week.
[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
Rock on!! Great report!! Hope to get there this week w/ 1manwolfpack.
[signature]
i would like to know where you are fishing and what you used
[signature]
You know you had a good day when someone joins BFT just to get the added info!
[signature]
Thanks for posting the info and pictures Dan as well as picking the trash up after the SOB'S that left it there. I would also like to thank you for your service in the Military. I sent you a PM.[fishin]
[signature]
Hilarious cause it's true!!
[signature]
nice perch buddy!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Good on you for picking up after the trash. It pretty sorry when someone leaves trash that would fit in half a grocery bag! As packfan said thanks for your service.
I bet they took time to sink their beer cans to the bottom though.
[signature]
funny, Sad - but true . . . guess those gas cans won't sink, but aren't they biodegradable? [crazy][pirate]

Man - there's some chunking up a perch can do in a few inches! Shoot!

+1 on being the picker upper.
Thanks a lot guys. A few things I forgot to mention.

The bite started for me about 1145 and didnt end until about 130 or so. There were a few I hooked and they got off. They were biting VERY light.

I was using a Buckshot jig (I think that is what its called). It was a big one. I only used the big one because I forgot to clasp my swivel and it fell off so I had no choice but to use the big one.

As I said before, they were caught in 40 feet of water. The funny thing about that is I went to 38 feet of water and not a single bite. 42 feet the same thing. but went back to 40 and they started hitting again.

Here is a picture of the jig I was using. Its the glow perch type.

All you guys that Pm'd me. You will be getting messages shortly. I have a few of you.

They are letting the lake fill up too. So when you go to get off later, there will bw standing water on top of the ice near shore.
[signature]
Nice it's a goal of mine to put a pile of perch on the ice this year I've yet to catch one through the ice. The last couple years at rockport have even perch less do u think there's alot more in the reservoir or do u feel u just happened to find them? I was going to go this morning but I did not sleep well last night. Glad to see rockport is producing something other then planter trout
[signature]
I think its a combination of the 2. I found some and there are more of them. Seems that no one really seems to be pulling a lot of them out, there will be more in there. At least not too many here have reported catching a lot of them. Id say 99% was luck. Right place at the right time.
[signature]

Nice to see some perch are still in the rock. I haven't caught a perch from their in a
long time.
[signature]
That is one of my favorite jigs along with the Flutter spoons. I modify mine somewhat after I buy them. They also work well on the big crappie at Pineview. I'm going to try to make it somwhere Sat. morning but not sure where yet, I haven't ice fished Utah yet this year been fishing Idaho.
[signature]
nice job, looks like ill have to hit my perch spot now and maybe it will be a little easier to find them from the last 4 years before it died off from the perch. swweeeeet
[signature]
Nice report and fish. Did you see any ATV`s on the ice. About how thick was it where you were? Thanks...Fishon
[signature]
I saw some snowmobile tracks out there and looked like some from a Rhino or something similar. The ice was 7 inches pretty much where ever I drilled. The shore was a different story. It seems they are letting the lake fill up and that is putting water on top of the ice near the edges.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I have seen the edges soft there before when they are filling it. 7 inch is plenty for a wheeler as long as there are no thin spots from springs and such. Hope to see ya out there.......Fishon
[signature]