Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy wax worms?
Walmart apparently sells them but I have NEVER seen them in stock. Anywhere else besides Sportsmans or Cabelas that sell them?
[signature]
You can order them on line at JADAbait.com, with no shipping charge and quaranteed live delivery. I just ordered their combo pack of 1000 waxies and 500 spikes for $32 total and had them within a few days. [fishin]
[signature]
Walker's convenient stores will sometimes have them. I buy mine at the Walker's on 800 North in Orem.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
How long do the wax worms last if you keep them refrigerated?
[signature]
Don't no where you live but you can get them at Smith & Edwards, Some Pet stores also sell them. I have bought them at Pet Smart before, but they are little more pricey.
[signature]
1000 will last me the season, I check them every few days to pick the dead ones out. I don't keep mine in the fridge I have a storage room in the house that stays fairly cool so I keep them against an outside wall.
[signature]
You don't really want to refrigerate them. You'll wan to keep them between 55-65 degrees. Walmart keeps them in their fridge with the other worms. I usually have to dig through plenty of containers there to get one that isn't full of dead or semi-dead ones. PACKFAN's method works well for me. I just stick them in the back room in the window sill. They keep for a long time for me. I bought a pack of 500 last year from Smith and Edwards, and they lasted me all ice season.
[signature]
Hey Tim how are you doing with the foot? I have only been out ice fishing twice so far and have been fishing a couple places across the border to the North. Fishing has been damn slow unless you are after slimers. Gonna miss ya this winter on the ice, get better buddy and I hope you can make the trip to Idaho with us in Feb.[fishin]
[signature]
The Sinclair at the mouth of Sardine always seems to be stocked. Mealies and waxies.
I found some on Ebay. They were $16 when I got 'em - free shipping, good condition.
Custom sports gets em, and spikes - in Hyde Park.

Of note - they don't eat, but they get smaller over time and they consume stored goodies. Or they go black, as stated.

[center]Click the pic
[/center]
[center][url "http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Live-Wax-Worms-Bee-Moth-Live-Bait-Ice-Fishing-Reptile-Gecko-Food-waxworms-/261152970978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccdee18e2"][inline "Waxworms crawfish244.JPG"][/url]
[/center]
Keep my order on the bottom shelf of the fridge door. Temp is like 42 degrees. Got mine 500 via Kuntsons out of Michigan second week of December. Have only had like 20 dead since then. Just checked the remaining and doing fine. Have another 1000 with 500 multi colored spikes coming tomorrow.
[signature]
I called Smith and Edwards yesterday. They have not received any wax worms yet. The guy didn't know when they would be getting some.

Last year a lot of their wax worms were delivered dead from extreme cold weather shipping.
The guy talked like they wouldn't be getting any till the weather got warmer.

What good will that do for ice fishing?
[signature]
Best place to buy local meal giant, super, and super giant worms, wax worms is Pets mart super cheap and always in stock .
[signature]
Quick note, the web site packfan posted is jadabait DOT biz not come Wink
[signature]
JADAbait.com takes you to the same site, at least on my computer.
[signature]
Quote:JADAbait.com takes you to the same site, at least on my computer.

Mine doesn't, just thought there might be other who couldn't get to it either. That is a smoken deal. I paid close to the same from somewhere else back in November but I didn't get the spikes with it. I went ahead and made another order since I'm close to needing it and since they said they are about two weeks our from shipping the would put them hear right about when I need them.
[signature]
Most or at leased the ones I checked with (stores) are out and not sure when they will get them..
[signature]
I know Ridleys in Hyrum had a whole case of them on Saturday...might not be a convenient location for you though.
[signature]