Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4WHEELERS or SLEDS ON THE BERRY?
Are people runnin machines on strawberry? what is the ice thickness? headed up on satarday. wonderin what to take. Any reports would be good to thanx.
----HAPPY FISHIN[fishin]----
[signature]
Went up on Wednesday west of the marina. Ice was 8" every where we checked and fished. 2-3" of frozen slush on top, 5" clear solid bottom. Snowmobiles around the lake and a couple on the lake but no four wheelers, only four wheeler tracks from the previous day. With this warm weather the lake will probably be slushy like it looked like it had been before, Lots of frozen slush pockets where you can see the tracks had just gone to slush and are now frozen over. Slow fishing, caught 4 had 2 more on. Fished in 16' of water. Checked multiple depths with no marking of fish so didnt move deeper. Worms and PB tipped jigs. One Bow and the rest cutts. Saw about 8+ fish come look or swim by. 16 feet was still clear in the shelter Smile Big cutt 19" and healthy fat, 17" cutt I caught was skinny.
[signature]
Fishing has been good. I would wait two more weeks to take a snowmobile/atv on the ice.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]I just called the Strawberry bay marina and their not letting their machines out on the ice yet. I use them as a good baseline on then I would take mine out. 45 degrees yesterday and a foot of new snow last night make for slow ice building and slushy conditions. [/font]
[signature]
Thanx for the info...I feel 6to8in is good to run a sled on.
[signature]