Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CowElk
Filled my cow elk tag yesterday. Probably one of the coldest hunts I've been on. -8 degrees at 7 am. It did warm up a little and we enjoyed clear sunny skies. Now it's time to focus more on the ice fishing.
[signature]
Congrats on the cow, the wife and I are getting ready to hit the road in a few minutes to an area I know is going to be cold as well, the Wasatch Current Creek unit which opens tomorrow. My friends from Duchesne have a tag also and have a few spotted so I'm hoping we can get into them in the morning. I know how hunting in the cold is. When I use to guide late cow hunts on Deseret (20 yrs. ago) I have seen it minus 20 degees and more, doesn't seem to get that cold anymore.
[signature]
Hey Thanks Pete! Good luck to all involved on your upcoming hunt. Stay warm!
[signature]
For thse of you that might wish to question Bearclaw not having any Orange on while on his hunt, I can attest that this was at his vehicle, sleds loaded and elk getting ready to be loaded onto the trailer for the trip home. Proper Orange was worn on the hunt.[cool]
[signature]
Congrats, my family struck out on the cows and bulls and bucks for that matter.
[signature]
We had a great hunt, and weather wasn't as cold as we expected it to be. Nice and sunny Sat. morning and 20 degrees when we left my friends place just before day break. My wife killed her cow shortly before 8 A.M. and I killed mine later in the day. Notice the orange clothing in the picture. LOL [:p]
[signature]
Way to go, congrats. That's a good sized cow your wife took. Freezer should be full at your house.
[signature]
Pete good job on the cows! I like how yer picture doesn't show that anchor ya always drag.[Tongue]
[signature]
If my memory serves me right I was usually leading the pack[:p]
[signature]