Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Bass Contest input
I'm looking for some input for this years contest. Here is a link to the contest- [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=793233;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]link[/url] I'd like to get more participation from members that are not hardcore bass fisherman or just weekend warriors like me.
[signature]
John, I'm going to move this to the main board, so more members will view it.
[signature]
hey i would be down for a fun bft tourney, maybe say pv? count me and catman as a team
[signature]
Great Idea! When can we start!?!?
[signature]
So begs the question - do you want a Bass Contest, or Utah Bass Contest? Always feel kinda out-seasoned by our south-eastern friends. Though I'd slam a bass at any Idaho angler that wanted at it (long as I coulds use his waters too!)

I'll admit before the gates open - no bass pro here - some of these guys will dance circles around and smallies I land! But - been finding a few.

What would the season be? Spring through summer? Large, Small? What about Whities and Wipers? Stripers oh my!
It starts ASAP. I'm still working on the post but I've got four $25 wavefishing.com gift certificates dedicated to Utah anglers who post the biggest Utah bass. We have a mixed bag in Utah-How about a $25 certificate for biggest largemouth, smallmouth, white bass and wiper? I understand that Utah anglers cannot compete with the low elevation anglers when it comes to bass (That's why I'm going to Texas in March!) so that is why I'm looking for input. I know one thing that is for certain-A clear picture of the length of the fish and a BFT sign or sticker with the word "Wave" in it. A BFT sticker with Wave wrote on it with a sharpie is the easiest. If you need a BFT sticker send me a pm with your address or we can meet somewhere depending on circumstances.
Wave Fishing baits has offered up a bunch of certificates so post your pictures [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_edit;post=793233"]here[/url].
A monthly random winner will be picked for those that post a link on their facebook wall. I have created a post on the [url "http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/BigFishTackleCom/260163389094?fref=ts"]Bigfishtackle.com facebook page[/url]. Please reply there and let me know that you shared the link to the contest. If there is a way I can make this easier I am up for suggestions.
Still under construction, bear with me.
[signature]
I am miles from being "seasoned", but I sure enjoy trying to catch 'em. I would love to be in on something like this. Will it be like the Ice Fishing or Catfish contest, where it's a set number of months, have to catch a certain amount of each species, etc.? Or am I reading that it's simply the biggest bass (I assume LMB and SMB are separate?), white bass, striper, and wiper?

What is the cost?
[signature]
I forgot about stripers, we live in a pretty cool state. On the bass board you can post a pic of any stripers on the bass contest thread and you can win that way. For the Utah only contest it's Smallies, largies, wipers and white bass.
The cost is free ninety free. Once I get things all figured out I'll see if I can get a sticky post on the Utah contest board, shouldn't be long.
[signature]