Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fish the Berry?
[fishin] I have been ice fishing on the

Berry. Where do I go once I get there? What kind of bait should I use? Help!
[signature]
tons of things work. white tube jigs, paddle bugs, maniac minnows, cuttr bugs, glow crickets, rat finkees tipped with meal worms. I'd attach all of those 12-16 inches below some sort of spoon or swedish pimple just to add weight and as a flasher/attractant. You can tip all of those previously mentioned jigs with a little bit of a piece of cut up chub meat. For cutts fish just off the bottom and for bows fish suspended a bit higher. I have noticed the bows do like ice flies. So really no magic jig up there, just move around until ya find fish.
[signature]
Thanks for info. Soooo... When I travel along 40 to Strawberry where do I go?
[signature]
The marina is a good place to start try to find 20-30 feet
[signature]
Are you able to drive to the marina and also is there slush on the lake or is it fourwheelar accessible?
[signature]
Thanks for the help. I haven't decided if it would be worth the trip ( 2hours) being that you can only catch four. I could fish closer to home and probably do just as well. idk
[signature]
You can catch as many as you want. It's a matter of how many you take home. If you catch cutts, you can't keep any if they are within the slot limit, but it is a lot of fun!

If you want to take home a lot of fish, go somewhere that has perch and take home a bucketfull.
[signature]