Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAR LAKE"report"
BLM,IceFishingGod and myself headed for the rockpile about 730 fished it untill sundown action for us was on and off but we cought a few nice ones.I will let BLM give the detailed report he knows what he's talking about!!We ran into WH2,WiperSlayer they seemed to have about the same luck.There were only 5 boats on the water all day,1 of them boated over 30 fish most of them being in the 8-12# range and up to 17# they were smokin them!!My first time meeting the IFG and this guy is amazing,He is a man of many tallents anywhere from Pharmasist,fish unhooker,anchor man and rock catcher,net man and he also preformed surgery on one of the macks that BLM cough that swallowed it deep!!A true GOD in my book!!M.H.
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a killer time up there. One of these days I'm gonna get up there, but I think I should get a boat/downriggers first. I had an o.k. day at strawberry (any day at the berry is better than being at work!
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We caught fish but we got schooled today. I,ve never seen anything like it. These two guys just put a hurtin' on the spawning macks. I was duly humbled, impressed and not worthy to be on the same lake as those two! I told them about BFT so hopefully we'll have some new mack fishing experts! Here's some pics of some of the fish we caught.[/size][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1533;] [/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1537;] [/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1536;] [/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1534;] [/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1538;] [/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1535;]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good day. That other boat must have been in the right spot at the right time. p.s. What is a Phamasist?....LOL
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Those guys knew exactly what they were doing. There was very little luck about it. They caught fish all day long and all over the rockpile. They had the technique down pat![/size][/font]
[signature]
Those are some nice fish. It looks to me you guys had a good day. How deep where the fish you caught?
[signature]
Most of them were cought in 28-35'and yes it was a great day,smooth water and just a slight breeze,not your tipical BL weater!M.H.
[signature]
I think what MH means is that IFG,(the Pharmacist) had the aspirin for the pains of what ails you, maybe a headache but I'm not for sure.

Way to go guys nice bunch fish, one question though what kind of fish is the IFG holding? WH2
[signature]
WH2,it was a mack,Did you get any pics of the fish you guys cought? M.H.
[signature]
Where is the "rockpile"? Have any gps coords for that area? Great fish though!
[signature]
Yes we did, I'm working on getting them posted right now. Those two guys sure were kicking butt today, I hope one day I can get into the macks like that. It looks like you caught a couple of nice ones, way to go. WH2
[signature]
[Smile]Yes I know I was just funning with MH. He is a friend of mine
How would like to have been in the guide boat and paid all that money to watch someone else catch all them fish?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Big Ben,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]From your profile I see you are a big fan of geocaching. Well, here are the cordinates for the rockpile: Using the WGS 84 map datum, you'll find the rockpile at N-41*54.883' and W-111*22.383'. But I suspect that after the mack spawn is over, there will be much better places to catch macks than over the rock pile. However, come the cisco run, the pile will once again become a very popular place.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That's fishin'! We caught a couple while Jim Stone was there but the Crestliner boys knocked down 4-5. I think the patrons on Jim's boat were more interested in catching a buzz than fish![/size][/font]
[signature]
I cant see his face so, thats not IFG. He still mackless!!! He is the small fish guru, mac's are out his weight class.[Tongue][sly]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]BLM,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You wrote "Those guys knew exactly what they were doing." This begs the question; Does anyone know just "exactly what they were doing" different?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm glad you turned them on to BFT. It sure would be interesting to hear from them sometime. (Off the subject a little; ... this gave me an idea to put a few BFT stickers in an envelope and stick the envelope in my tool box. Then I can give them to fellow fishermen that might be interested.)[/size][/font]
[signature]
Lets clear a few things up. First, I was trying not to catch fish. It was the first time I met Muskyhunter and I didn't want him to feel inadaquate. You see, I'm sensitive to the feelings of others. Just another piece of the wonderfulness that is me.

Second, it was due to me that everyone else caught fish. By using my supreme powers to keep the skunkedness away from the others in the boat, and absorbing it all on me, they were able to succeed. Unselfishness, a key element to being a God.

Third, it is not my job to catch fish. I hoist the anchor, run the downriggers, fetch bait and drinks, bring breakfest, find all the snags in the lake so others may avoid them and in general, provide comfort to all. If I was catching fish, who would net the other guys fish? I also forget to bring my coffee everytime, so I drink everyone elses on board. So, my fellow fishermen will not become over-stimulated, causing them to lose concentration, hence missing a bite. I have heart as big as all outdoors. I forgot to add that I also lose a lot of other peoples tackle, so that they have an excuse to buy more. Thereby stimulating the economy, providing all of you with jobs. This service is currently only available to BLM, but I hope to help all of you in the future.

It's all part of being a god. See, once you've reached god status, everything else pales in comparison. Someday when the IFG has passed to the big gulf stream in the sky, they will erect a statue of me over looking the Gorge. I will be forever know as Saint IFG, "Guardian of all fishermen, Provider of anti-skunkedness".
[signature]
IFG,I believe you would have cought more fish if you would have followed instructions a little closer!!The worm goes on "before"the marshmellow! Then it would have been "BIG FISH TIME"[Wink][Wink][Wink]M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If you're looking for the magic way to catch macks you're barking up the wrong tree. These guys did a bang up job of matching technique and presentations to the existing conditions and kicked butt! If the conditions would of been different the technique would not of been so successful. As the fly fisherman say "match the hatch".[/size][/font]
[signature]