Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 fish day at Bear Lake
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]WH2, I'd go right back there and try it next weekend, If they aren't there, then move; you haven't lost anything. There still may be straglers . As thick as they are this weekend, I'm sure as heck going to give it a go. I'm sure Lundman has an electric. It might be a hassle with four lines dragging out one boat though.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]MGB, If you moved around the rockpile, you would see massive pile ups of fish constantly shifting position. These guys would find these pile ups and try and stay on top of them with the electrics, dragging their jigs across or just above the bottom, contantly through them. [/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We tried to use my 15 hp kicker with very limited success, With the flat windless conditions, that slow jig troll, of dragging the right jigs continually through them seems to be the key. If you'd of seen wind and chop, it would be pretty difficult to maintain the control needed to stay in the exact place you wanted to be.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The guy, if they were the same guys we saw, had two sonar units on his boat and was able to switch to different transducers positioned in dfferent ends of the boat. Their fishfinders were just like the ones most of us use. He was using a Lowrance 91, bow mounted, and a Garmin 240 console mounted. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]IN, macks were introduced to BL, and correct me if I'm wrong, sometime in the late 1930's so basically they're all "planters". If you believe what you hear, the lake trout currently in the lake, spawn but with limited success. I believe any new intrductions of lake trout to Bear Lake will have gone through the sterilation process. They could be planted as early as next year. I'm sure the BearLakeFishGuy would have a better answer than I could give you.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm really surprised no one has dragged a pontoon or float tube out with their boat and tried it in these flat, windless conditions. Granted, it would be cool but it seems to me that a tube would be pretty effective at staying right on top of them plus would be a hoot once hooked up![/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
50 fish day at Bear Lake - by wiperhunter2 - 11-08-2003, 07:21 AM
Re: [MGB] 50 fish day at Bear Lake - by kentofnsl - 11-09-2003, 04:46 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] 50 fish day at Bear Lake - by MGB - 11-09-2003, 05:13 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] 50 fish day at Bear Lake - by MGB - 11-09-2003, 05:21 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] 50 fish day at Bear Lake - by BearLakeMack - 11-09-2003, 09:27 AM