Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake advice
So, I am debating making the 3 hour trip up to Bear Lake for the disco. I was just curious if it is necessary to get out there at the crack of dawn. Also, I don't have a net at this time (might be able to get one tomorrow possibly). I read that the trout action has kinda crashed, are the whitefish still biting on the rockpile? I have never caught cisco, but don't know if the trip is worth it if nothing else is really being caught. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Most are extremely friendly at the disco and will help out with a net and a hole. Early fisherman catches the Cisco. Or was that bird and worm?
[signature]
You can catch a limit of cisco at the rockpile too. There are millions of them there.
[signature]
I understand earlier will probably be better, but has anyone tried netting them around say 9:00 AM. I am just thinking leaving around 6 sounds better than 4, but I will do whatever to try and have a successful trip. Also, does time of day seem to be better at any time on the rockpile?
[signature]
Another question for any of you who ice fish BL, what do you use to catch whitefish this time of year? I have caught them during their spawn, but wanted to try and catch a few on the rockpile possibly.
[signature]
You'd be fine to snag Cisco on the rockpile any time of day. Even over on the beach will be good atleast til lunchtime I bet, they were thick today. If you hit the rockpile, be ready to combat fish, it was nuts out there today and I'm sure it will be hoppin' tomorrow, good luck finding elbow room. Small castmasters or iceflies for whitefish, salmon egg is my fav bait for them.
[signature]
Is it best right on the rockpile for whitefish, or off the edge?
Thanks again, and I am hoping to get there early. We will see how it goes.
[signature]
Hit the rock pile 41' -55' , you will be so busy you will not notice the 100 other people around you[Wink]
[signature]