Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUCKER FISH JORDAN RIVER

NEED HELP CATCHING SUCKER FISH!!

I have been trying to catch sucker fish all week long!!! I have tried the JR by utah lake, 9000s and 7800s. Fishing is slow for me on the JR although I was able to catch a 23in sucker fish by 7800s which took way to long, other then that I got nothing. When I fish by utah lake all I get is small catfish. and I have had no luck at 9000s. I am sure that this is user error but if anyone has good spots please let me know! I have been using worms and sucker meat. any good ideas on what to use will help a lot.
[signature]
I haven't fished the Jordan River for a long time but generally speaking the jordan river isn't very good winter fishing. I've only tried a few times in the past and got skunked.
[signature]
I've actually had really good success on the Jordan river in the middle of winter. There are spots that stay warm all year and will produce year round.
[signature]
Sorry I wish I had some answers for Ya, dont fish the Jordan. By the way Zack if I recall right you were lookin for info on the Jordan at one time. So!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Really? I'll have to try it some time..

As for the OP, I'm not sure who told you 9000S. and 7800S. were good for suckers. I've caught my fair share and only 1 of them has been close to there. 7800S. in general is trash fishing. You can catch some but it's so straight of a river in that section that it's pretty crappy and all you're likely to catch is carp in the slow spots. Can't give away my spots I fish but I honestly will tell you 7800S. isn't good for that ( or at least in my experience) I did one time catch a large sucker near 9000S but let's just say it wasn't right by where I parked.

I'll have to try a couple of spots and see if I can get any. On a side note, sportsmans ware house on 7000S and I think the street after I-15 has minnows, chubs and sucker meat in a freezer thing near the back of the store.
[signature]
Try bread dough in a little ball on a treble hook (10) behind a sliding sinker. A 1/2 piece of worm on a hook behind a slip sinker is a good choice too. Remember, suckers mouths point DOWN!
The JR is low right now and it is messing up the flow. My "secret" hole is so low that the flow is different and couldn't catch any in a spot I KNOW there are suckers! I'm gunna try again tomorrow. There use to be a spot on 10600S. North of the road that had an S curve, but that spot is GONE! It was East of the NEW driving range. Hope this helps
[signature]
Lakedrifter are you trying to ask me a question or what?
[signature]