Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using DSI?
Am thinking I would like to add a DSI to my boat to get a clearer image of whats on the bottom. Wondering if its worth it. I really like my existing sonar and Lowrance GPS and don't want to replace them. I prefer single function units rather than the multifunction units as I think you would spend more time manipulating them than reading them.

Anyway, anyone using a DSI and do you find it usefull?
[signature]
I know about SI but what is DSI?
[signature]
I have it on my lowrance units along with side imaging. If you fish structure its the best. Wouldnt want to be without.
happy fishing
[signature]
SI is side imaging and looks out to both sides. DSI is down side imaging that produces a nearly picture like image from above. I like the image results from DSI better than the SI, but have wondered whether it is usable to locate fish or just structure.

Often at Lake Powell standard sonar will pick up a blob on the bottom and its difficult to determine what it is. The DSI will give a clear picture of the "blob" tree or otherwise.
[signature]
Oh, I guess I do know what DSI is. Last year I fished with Mike4cobra a lot and he has it on his boat and yes, you can use it to locate fish. After using it for a while, you can even tell how big the fish are. Of course you have to catch a few of the ones you are seeing to be able to tell the size. If you have lots of money, you can go all out on your set up and even put a network on your boat where all the SI, DI, Fish finder and GPS are tied together and you can select what you want to view on each display. Ideally, you would have 4 displays. Mike has quite the setup on his boat and even has his radio/mp3 player tied into the display function. The next thing I'm sure he will get is the forward scan, they just came out with. So you will be able to see the fish before they even know your coming[cool].
[signature]