Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PV Perch Jerk'n and Perch School Videos
Since we're old wimps and with the warm temps decided to stay dry here's a video fishing partner took with the Aqua-Vu from a PV trip a week ago. Interesting seeing the fish in their environment. Hmmmmm where did Nemo vanish to....[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Another video on the schools of Perch coming through. Now for some BFT technology reason I can't embed this next video so here's the link. Sorry mods if this breaks the video posting rules. Delete if it does.

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqVHTvJKM4o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqVHTvJKM4o[/url]
[signature]
I'm sure the fish jury is going too take all of your money for killing nemo.

While looking at all of those perch, the first thing come out of my head would be perch tacos. Looks like I know what I'm doing on the weekend. XD

Great video of those harmless monsters.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing your video K2, cool seeing those perch like that. When the embeded feature does not work you are allowed to post the links. It is strange that it works on one but not on the next but it does happen.
[signature]
That's awesome, thanks for sharing. I've always liked seeing the videos of how fish react to different lures. I really need to pick me up one of those cameras.
[signature]
Cabelas has one of their basic models for sale in there online bargin cave for $99.

It would be a good one to get started with.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Is it just like the cheap ones they have a sportsmans? I'd prefer to spend a little more and get something with decent picture quality.
[signature]
I haven't seen the ones at sportsmans so I couldn't say how they compare.

One thing that I would mention is that light will be the biggest limiting factor of all of these cameras. As ice thickens and gets coverd with snow it can really affect how deep these cameras can work.

I was out to the Gorge last week fishing in 70 FOW fishing on clear ice (no snow) that was around 16" thick on a bright and sunny day. It was so dark at that depth that the only way that I could my jig was to turn on the light. The problem with the light is that it lights up all the little bugs and other things floating in the water that it can make seeing the fish a problem. I would bet that K2 had the light on in there videos and that it why you see all the little white dots floating around.

So all in all light penetration and water quality will be more of a limiting factor than the screen most of the time.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.