Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogden Canyon question
Is Ogden Canyon closed on the weekends now with the construction? I know I can get to Pineview via North Ogden Canyon, but was just wondering if I would be able to head down Ogden Canyon on my way out. I have to head to Riverdale afterwards, and was just wondering which is the best way to take with all of the construction going on. Thanks in advance for any help!
[signature]
This is from the Standard Examiner 1/1/13

OGDEN — Ogden Canyon will be completely closed every night for the next three months.
As the city continues repair work on a century-old water pipeline that runs through the canyon, full-night closures of State Road 39 through the canyon will begin Wednesday.
Utah Department of Transportation spokesman Vic Saunders said the canyon will close at 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday to all but canyon residents. The canyon will reopen at 5 a.m. the following morning.
On Friday and Saturday, the canyon will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. the next morning.

You can also go through trappers loop to 84, and on to Riverdale Road as well. Hope this helps.
[signature]
I've only driven it on weekdays, and the longest delay I've had is seven minutes. They have about a one-mile stretch of it under active work, with traffic lights at each end of that. They let a stream of cars through in one direction and when they clear, allow the cars going to other way through. Not much fuss at all.

It might be worse on weekends, or not.
[signature]
Last weekend it was backed up pretty far. We went the other way but a buddy took Ogden canyon and said it took him about a half hour.
[signature]