Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Rock 2-2-13
Me and the girlfriend hit up rockport this morning. Got there around 7:40 and headed down. Tied on a Firetiger Dynamic Lure and had one on within 10 minutes of arrival. Switched it up to a green tube jig tipped with a piece of mealworm and caught three more. But Sadly my girl only got two hits....[:/] Warm sunny day to be out there. The three fish I kept measured in at 16.5 inches, 17 inches, and 17.5 inches. I iced one more but let him go...he was just a tad under 14.5 inches. Going to be a good dinner!![Smile]
[signature]

[signature]
What part of the Rock were you fishing?
How was the access on and off the ice?
[signature]
We fished on the west side off of the second turnoff. About 300 yards off shore. The access was pretty good all day. The edges weren't as soft as I thought they would be.
[signature]
The edges at the ramp were horrible tonight. Most places you needed to step on or off into two feet of water. The machines kept breaking the ice further out as they exited the ice. Take a plank or waders. Oh, the fishing was bad too.
[signature]
Yea I was out yesterday. I did well caught right about 15 and actually brought home 4 all over 16". My buddy didn't do as well as I did but still managed to land 4, 3 over 16" and one was 18" all in all a VERY nice day
[signature]