Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slab slayin'
Andiibart and I met up with his 2 brothers, a friend, and a fellow BFT'er for some fishing this morning. (The other BFT'er will remain unnamed because we fished in a spot that has produced well for him in the past, and I don't want him getting bombarded with questions about where exactly.) Andy, fellow BFT'er, and myself shacked up in one tent, and the other three in another. In our tent, the fishing was pretty constant for the brief time we were there. We all wanted some crappie, and we left satisfied. 53 crappie keepers between the 3 of us. We were happy when we left.
[signature]
Nice slabs!
[signature]
Wow, what a haul. Nice job.
[signature]
Well done! I would really like to get into some nice crappie again some day.
[signature]
Nice haul Ben, looks like you found the honey hole[Smile], thanks for sharing your report and pic. How many hours did you fish?
[signature]
We fished for about 3 1/2 hours. It was a fun morning. [Smile]
[signature]
Wow, that is impressive catching for that amount of time. By the way, how was the edges getting on and off the ice?
[signature]
We were surprised at how well the edges were. Ice all the way. We didn't have any issues getting on or off. I read another report from yesterday that said pretty much the same thing.
[signature]
Nice job Ben that looks like a blast. How big was that one hog in there it looks big. Did you have to use different lures to entice the crappie or just a location / timing thing? Well done. Later J
[signature]
The biggest one was 13 inches. Most were around 9-10 inches with a handful just under that. We didn't really change lures at all. I think it was a location thing. The bite was super light. And we weren't doing anything fancy either. I guess it was just our morning to catch fish, and we were grateful for it.
[signature]
where did you go and what did you use?
[signature]
They went to pine view and used small jigs, maybe with a spoon above to help get down faster.[Wink]
[signature]
dam! I knew I wanted to go fishing instead of the alternative- not fishing! Gotta love flu season!

so you must be dropping three jigs on a line to nab all them slabs! Triple trouble!

How deep were you fishing, and were they on bottom, or suspended?
Good deal Ben, glad you had a great trip. I figured the unnamed BFTer was Yote but looks like I was wrong. So was the trip down south? Did you ever make the porcupine trip? I haven't been watching real close lately has anyone got the Kokes biting yet? I'd like to try them before the ice melts but I'm getting too many things on my list, may have to take a day off to catch up. Later J
[signature]
Haha! I would have put Yote's name out there if it was. I wouldn't mind him getting a lot of messages as a result of my post. [Wink]

I haven't been up to the Pig this year. Not sure if I will or not. But yeah, we did venture south of us to Pineview. It was a good outing. I enjoy fishing there. Had to get what I could to get my fix too. My wife loves crappie, she just found out, so we have a few dinners this week. I am having another surgery on my wrist this Friday and will be out of commission this weekend, so I won't be fishing. Bummer! Oh well.
[signature]
Good luck on the operation hope it goes well. Good thing karma treated ya well this past weekend so it will be easier to sit out next. Take care and good luck. J
[signature]
My guess is surgery is due to the that haul of slabs! Nice going! I used to ride with some other bull riders who would injure their riding arm and switch to the other arm just to keep riding...fishing is much more serious than riding bulls, I say use the other hand for fishing while you have the time off recouping! Nice job man! Just curious, did you catch those in the dark before the sun?
[signature]
I wish it were from that. I have a cyst that was removed last year, and have to go back in. I'll be fishing the week after, though.

We actually caught all of them after sunrise.
[signature]
Good luck on the surgery man! Thanks for the info too.
[signature]