Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch like perch eyes
Had a good day at CJ Strike out here in Idaho. Had to fish deep and man was the bite light![cool][fishin]
[inline "IMG_4624 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4625 (Small).JPG"]

[inline "IMG_4628 (Small).JPG"]
[signature]
It was alot of the same today. Slowest day of the year so far. 2 of us took home 12 fish in 3 hours. Hopefully the fish just moved on and the circus that has been taking place on ice didnt overharvest.
[signature]
Yeah I think they have moved but also have heard that some guys with cameras have seen a ton down there they just aren't bitting, mood swing maybe??[fishin]
[signature]
Might just be the prespawn slump. The should be dropping all those eggs anytime between now and mid march. Looks like I will be firing up the flasher and finding some crappie or takin a boat out on the open water to find em
[signature]
Yes I need to replentish my crappie as I could them all for a super bowl snak yesterday. Ithey were well recieved by those that had never had them.
[signature]
Funny thing about the perch eyes, I've always done good with eyes too, until this year. I used them a Starvation a few weeks back and I was getting bites but could not get them to the top of the ice. On my second rod, I was using a small piece of night crawer and a small piece of perch flesh and was doing much better. I have also noticed that with eyes it makes a big difference if the eye is not clearly visable, like if it is covered by some of the white material that holds in eyeball in place. I've had the fish quit biting, so I reel up and see the eye was covered by the white stuff, I reposition the eye where the yellow part of the eye was visable and they start biting again. [crazy]
[signature]
Never thought about that covering needing to be moved, interesting I will keep and eye on that.
[signature]