Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have never seen these boat before
I saw these boats on craigs list. Has anyone ever seen them in person? Ron

http://www.fishlanderpontoons.com/
[signature]
No, but I just emailed them to ask if they ship to the US.
[signature]
I am assuming that they do since they are posting all over the place on Craigs list. I don'r know them or the quality but some of them look ok. Ron
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nope[/#0000FF]
[signature]
The low price is to be expected when made in China, don't you agree.
[signature]
It says the company is from Canada. I didn't see that they were made in china. Do you have a link for that info?
They look from the spec sheet that they could be a decent boat. Ron
[signature]
The company is in Canada, the frames and pontoons and all other components are China. Send inquiries to Joe.

Only one 9'er and the two 11 look like motor ready.
[signature]
Did you talk to him? I am surprised they have as thick of PVC as they do. I don't know about the off set motor mount though. Not sure what to think about them. Ron
[signature]
Yes.
That is definitely thick cover.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Yes.
That is definitely thick cover.[/quote]

[cool][#0000FF]Maybe the waters in China are more polluted and need thicker protection.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
That's a thought.[crazy]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][quote flygoddess]Yes.
That is definitely thick cover.[/quote]

[cool][#0000FF]Maybe the waters in China are more polluted and need thicker protection.[/#0000FF][/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I sell inflatable pontoons, float tubes and other tackle so I saw your post and contacted these guys. They are a canadian company, nothing wrong with that, but they told me they don't have many dealers in the US. I'm considering it but they have some pretty stringent policy's. Another thing to consider is import fees that will be added to the price.
I sell the Bucks Bags, Creek Company, Classic Accessories and Sea Eagle. I don't have all of them listed on my site. If any of those interest you call me at 360-757-8171 and mention Bigfishtackle and I'll quote you a price. You can check out a few that I have at [url "http://www.beatthebigboxboys.com/store-categories-Inflatable-Pontoons_3243579.html"]http://www.beatthebigboxboys.com/...ontoons_3243579.html[/url]
Let me know if I can help you. Ron
[signature]
Thanks for all the comments. This thread was perfect for what I needed. I think I will take the plunge and purchase the 9' Hawk. I don't do much river fishing but I think that it would be perfect for Lakes and ponds. I will order today. Cheers!
[signature]
I am covered on the boat. I have a Skookum Steelheader. Did the guys in Canada say if they were made in China? Here is a picture of my boat. Ron

[Image: SC02.jpg]
[signature]
No, sorry, I didn't get that far as ask where they were made as I wasn't sure if I wanted to take them on or not. I'm still considering it but I have many inflatables already that are established here in the US.
Good luck fishing, and keep me in mind next time you need gear.
Ron
[signature]
I don't like the Classic Accessories boats at all. From the looks of the Canadian boats They look pretty good, I don't have anything against them for that but I would be interested in how the frames are built. If they are from China or not. They are interesting enough for a discussion but I would not trade my Steelheader for any other model. Ron
[signature]
Ron, I have no reason to lie to you. They are a Canadian company and their product is built in China.. Seriously dude, with those prices, you doubt this why?????
[signature]
I called Fishlander Pontoons and talked to this guy named Joe and told me that the toons were definitely imported from China. They do stand by their products and give a 5 year warranty on them. That's better than some pontoon warranties I have seen - 2 years. I looked up the Snookum Steelheader looks like an amazing Pontoon but for a 9 footer, it's way above my price range. $1400 for the cheapest model.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]The company is in Canada, the frames and pontoons and all other components are China. Send inquiries to Joe.

Only one 9'er and the two 11 look like motor ready.[/quote]

As I said in post #7. Again, I had no reason to lie about this.
A lot of pontoons these days are only offering the 5 year and most those are Asian made. Again, doesn't mean they are bad.
A lot of the pontoons used for those steelheaders are Asian made.

Frame could be of concern. It would be nice to talk to an owner or see one in person.

The price is very reasonable and could be worth the taking a look.

Personally, I will never go back to the two separate pontoons[Wink]
[signature]