Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge 02/02/13
Wiperslayer, Wipermac and I hit Anvil yesterday and did ok, landed 12 or so pups up to 22" and two kokes fishing in 70 to 100 ft of water. Nice sunny no wind day at the Gorge. Here is a few pics.
[signature]
Looks like a great day Curt. Hope you released my cokes, they will be big by July.
[signature]
All cokes were released unharmed because I hate coke, now Dr.Pepper is another matter[crazy]. Now if you talking about the Kokanee, well all I can say is Wipermac invited them home for dinner[Wink].
[signature]
Make fun of a poor 'ole country boy who caint spell!
[signature]
How thick was the ice at anvil wad thinki ng of going this friday thru sunday
[signature]
It was 7 inches where we fished, it could be thicker depending on the direction you go. There was a nasty pressure ridges right by the spot we set up, with a foot or more open water. We had a shift in the ice while we were fishing and the ice dropped two inches between me and Wipermac.
[signature]
Wow I bet that made the bum pucker a little! Thanks for the info I think im gonna give it a try
[signature]
Glad you weren't any closer to the pressure ridge than that. Scary when it shifts. Other than that, looks like a great trip! Any bashers that far south?
[signature]
One thing that would have helped us, was to get there earlier, we got there just as the sun came up and the bite was on, it died off by noon. Also we were not set up for the kokes until several schools came through, it took Wipermac less than a minute to ice the first koke as soon as he set up his jaw jacker. Yea, that ice dropping made me stand up and make sure it wasn't going to do that again, a few minutes later, a crack ran right through my hole[crazy]. Good luck on your trip up there.
[signature]
Oh yea, bashers were everywhere there was ice. We even went down to Swim Beach and guys were icing bots there but ice was very very slick and only 5".
[signature]
Sorry WYOGUY its been 6 months sense I've made any Flaming Gorge tequila salmon, I just couldn't help my self. At 14 and 18" I'd say they was big enough to make a meal. Yummy stuff there!
[signature]
if you are going to the gorge fri. thru sun. you gust as well enter the reeling for relay derby we will be taking entries friday from 9 am to 9 pm $5000.00 cash awarded
[signature]