Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind river range
Hey guys a couple of us on here are planning our first foray into the wind rivers in search of the great vistas and piscatorial adventures that we have read about. I've been trying to find good info online and from asking a few friends that have been in there but if there are any of you that would be willing share some info with me it would be greatly appreciated. I'd prefer that everything was kept to pm's to avoid putting it on the open net if possible! thanks
[signature]
Winds aren't a huge secret , I thought they were until I made a trip into titcomb basin last year after goldens.........saw more people than I do when I hike table rock. If you go end of July take lots of golden stone patterns . We hit it first part of August and there was a monster hatch right at dark at 11,000 feet. Take lots of bug spray. If you're going for more than 4 days look at the outfitters that will pack all your gear into a base camp for a fee. Island lake, titcomb lakes and mistake all have 6+ lb goldens . If I had to do it again I would pay to have a tube and waders packed in .
[signature]
If you can hit the Winds in late Aug. early Sept., you can avoid both crowds and bugs. We caught some surprisingly big fish at Island Lake on the way to Titcomb Basin.

When in Titcomb, you can take the short hike over the ridge to Mistake Lake where you may avoid some of the crowds. We camped there 2nd to last week of Aug. and had the lake and basin to ourselves for two days and good fishing.
[signature]
Watch out for bears. Every time we go there we usually have a run in with bears.[Smile]
[signature]
pm sent. Let me know if you have any questions.
[signature]