Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge
have a group of 5 going to the gorge this weekend to try the burbot fishing. never been there before. i have a map and found buckboard and firehole. cant find the pipeline area on it. i got these areas from reading other posts. any pointers on a area to try . we have a 4 wheeler and a snowmobile if they are needed to get to the ice. we were planing to fish the wyoming end of the lake and get a motel in green river or rock springs. i understand there is a contest this weekend too. you enter it at buckboard? who do i talk to and can i enter it sat morning? thanks for the help in advance
[signature]
Pipeline is between manilla and buckboard just south of anvil a group caught 40+ there Friday night but we only caught a few. There was far to many people at buckboard and north so that kept us from fishing up thataway.
[signature]
thanks kbfan i found anvil and im guessing that the dotted line across the bay on the map is the pipe line. kinda goes north south. have you heard if anyone went to holmes crossing area? thanks for the info and the help
[signature]
Yes, we went to Holmes crossing Friday night and caught a few but thought we'd do better at pipeline. But it was about the same. Talked to dwr Sunday and they said alot of burbot were takin from Holmes over the weekend. The access is great there. A couple of The roads at pipeline are dam steep but fine for 4wheel drive trucks just so you know. The burbot are everywhere. Maybe more concentrated up north? but ya still gotta find them no matter where you are. Spikes on your feet are a must no matter where you go. It is so Dam slick!
[signature]
yes the reeling for relay derby is this weekend based at buckboard the derby starts friday at 7.pm we are taking entries from 9 am to 9 pm friday but if you want to enter sat.morning we will be there all weekend. send me a e mail i will get you all the info. [url "mailto:feed_99@yahoo.com"]feed_99@yahoo.com[/url]
[signature]
We fished buckboard and the confluence. Buckboard was not what I had hoped for. 11 fish the first night. confluence was recomended by the dwr lady after debating firehole or confluence. She said firehole has been way overfished. Confluence was a bust! No burbot. Talked to a few people out there and same story. Back to buckboard we went. Same results about a fish an hour. I hope you have better luck. If you find them in numbers message me ha ha. Sleep on the ice during the day. You'll miss quite a few if ya sleep. Again good luck!
[signature]
thanks for the info. looks like we will be going to holmes and poss buckboard. one of the guys has been to buckboard several years ago. i will post a results monday
[signature]
Fishing for fun, buckboard could be a good spot. Not recomended. Go somewhere that other people have had better success. Onefish an hour was not what I expected. 7-9 was good and 3am-4:30 at buckboard.
[signature]
thanks kbfan i have the spikes been on ice with no snow and no spikes. spent more time on my butt than standing. talking to the guys looks like holmes and or buckboard gotta start someware read about using a flash unit from a 35 mil camera to charge up the glow gigs going to try it out thanks again for the info i will post the results on monday
[signature]
not sure about entering yet but if we end up at buckboard i will make a donation anyway in memory of my mom. lost her to breast cancer 3 yrs ago on the 25th of feb. see ya then
[signature]
any help we get will be appricated i lost my dad to cancer my wife lost her dad and a sister this derby means a lot to us thanks
[signature]