Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft plastic questions
I've designed a couple soft plastic baits and as of now, I don't have the resources to make them. I've only altered other baits to get the general structure that I'm looking for. Any advice on how to make custom molds? And what type of molds are the best? Any info. On anything to do with soft plastic making would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
[signature]
A lot of machine shops can make you a mold if you have a design. Look for Shawn Collin's Custom Molds. He can make you a small injection mold for you, and he's very good. Used him a couple years ago to make us a couple saltwater jig molds, but I know he does soft plastic molds, and his prices were not too bad then.
[signature]
Cheap thin aluminum pans, plaster of paris, polyurethane to coat the cavities, mineral oil brushed in the cavities so baits come out shinny.
[signature]
[quote Quickcatch14]I've designed a couple soft plastic baits and as of now, I don't have the resources to make them. I've only altered other baits to get the general structure that I'm looking for. Any advice on how to make custom molds? And what type of molds are the best? Any info. On anything to do with soft plastic making would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.[/quote]

Two Things:

1) Alumilite Vac 50, its a two part system. you can replicate any bait you have or have modified very easily. Based on the info you provided this might be your best way.

It is pretty good, I have used it to replicated g tails, grubs, etc.

2) get the mold 3d printed. I use them all the time for injection molding and open pour with great results.

Again, I think the alumilite vac 50 might be the best bet for you, you could start cranking out your own baits for less than 50$!

here is a video alumililte put out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36KPvqIK-4