Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Suggestions?
I'm planning on taking a scout troop on a camp out this weekend and hopefully get them into some fish through the ice. I was hoping that I could get some recommendations as to where I might go that has decent fishing for a group of boys. Thank you in advance for any advice you're willing to share. You can PM me if you would like.
[signature]
I say strawberry if you think they can survive cold weather, i am a eleven year old scout, and we went out there last year, me and my dad went out on saturday and there was a scout troop there,
[signature]
About 2 weeks ago there were a number of boy scout troops at Rockport. They all had their sleds and looked like thy had some races. After they were done with those I saw a bunch of them on the ice fishing and goofing off. it seemed to me they had an agreement with the state park there because they were camped right on the inside of the state park entrance.
[signature]
I would suggest Jordanelle, rock cliffs area. Been a few times in the last couple weeks and the action was pretty fast for dink perch and small bows. Long walk to the water tho.
[signature]
I'm not sure about the camping but pineview has a ton of little perch that would be great for scouts. We used to set up camp in the campgrounds there in winter when I was in scouts. I don't know about nowadays though.
[signature]
I went up two weeks in a scout camp out( I was one of the scouts) as long as you gear up the right way it works. Fish the south side of cemetery point right off the bottom. it is good till about nine am. We ended up leaving then with thirty perch total, we left cause one of the scout leaders got a single bit, that was it for him. Just use a spring bobber on the end of your poke.for the rig, use a cast master as a atractor, then about a foot under that put a ratso tipped with wax worm, drop your line till you get slack then real up till you are about three inches over the[fishon](:
[signature]