Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Panguitch Lake updates??
I'm pretty curious to go check out Panguitch this weekend. Anyone have any updates? Is the ice safe? Fishing any good?

Thanks in advance for any info. [Smile]
[signature]
We fished up there about two weekends ago fishing was good for cutts 16"-20" with white cutter bugs or paddle bugs pink worked as well. Ice was at least 15" thick every were we went.just sucked turning all the fish back I had a hard time convincing my cousin she couldn't keep a 20" , but we had a blast reeling them in. good luck hope this helps
[signature]
I appreciate the info, it helps a lot. Hopefully we'll have as much success as you did....... [Smile]
[signature]
[quote Fishperv1]...just sucked turning all the fish back I had a hard time convincing my cousin she couldn't keep a 20" , ...[/quote]

just a question: how did you do for rainbows?

Follow-up question: did you wonder why you didn't catch any rainbows, but you caught a bunch of nice cutts?

Final question: I wonder how many rainbows you could have caught if they were also protected with the cutts???

comment: I've heard lots and lots of complaints this winter about the lack of rainbows being caught at Panguitch, especially compared with the number of cutts (nice cutts!) being caught. The reason is simple. Every time a rainbow gets caught it is kept. If we could get those regs changed back so that rainbows were part of the slot, then you'd see a lot more rainbows being caught...
[signature]
we caught rainbows the first day in on the south side of the lake in about 10 feet of water right off the bottom ,they also were decent size. The next day we went out off the boat ramp in a lot deeper water thats where we found the cutts we wanted to catch some tigers as well but didn't happen. so I think you can target rainbows. I wanted to get a slot buster! wish I would have taken some minnows maybe[Wink]
[signature]