Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear lake advice
Hello. A friend and I want to go and try bear lake next weekend and we have never ice fished it. We are asking for any advice that you would be willing to share with some novices who have no access to cisco to use for bait. We are wondering where a great place to start would be, what types of jigs/tubes or ice flies work there, how heavy of line to bring, flashers anything like that would be helpful. Thanks and happy fishing chris
[signature]
Go to the rock pile on the south end, fish at a depth of 50'.
Use a 3 inch gold or silver kastmaster !
Jig 4-6 inches off the bottom.
You will still be able to pick up a sisco or two if your lucky!
The cutthroats will hit your kastmaster regardless of wether you have sisco on it or not.
For white fish use a little smaller kastmaster , tip it with some of the one sisco you catch,
Good luck
[signature]
Trout fishing is gonna be really tough for a couple more weeks up there. Fish the rockpile, almost all the trout I catch over there are on a spoon with no bait or a tube tipped with a small piece of Cisco.
[signature]
Bear lake ice is sketchy with all this warmer weather, it was almost 40 degrees yesterday. Wear a life jacket, take rope so your buddy can pull you out if you fall through.
Use sucker meat and tube jigs if your unable to rip Cisco off the rock pile. Otherwise take the Cisco out to 85 feet and send em down whole with a treble in the head and a half hitch around the tail. When the fish pick it up allow them to run until they stop to turn the Cisco and swallow. Once the fish starts moving again set the hook!
[signature]
[Wink] Gusses point tomorrow. Green Dodge, double wide ice cube RED. I will be there !!!!
[signature]