Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogden River
Fished the "pump house" as we call it, on Saturday morning bright and early. It was definitely a cold experience for the fingers. Used a #4 panther martin with 8lb test. I caught 3 browns, 10, 13 & 18 inches. My buddy hooked 3 also, the largest being 15 inches. Fish were surprisingly active and spooky. Saw lots of surface activity as my partner and I fished upstream. Water was a little low and extremely clear. Had a great time so we decided to hit it again in the evening. Fished the "pipe" as we call it late that afternoon. Had about the same success, I landed 4 fish between 10 and 15 inches and my partner caught 3 the largest one was 17 inches. Did the best working the deeper pools. Moss was a constant chore, but well worth it. Got a chance to try out my new waders and was very happy I had em. (Cabela's Dry Plus)[Wink]
[signature]
Where is the "Pumphouse" & the "pipe" on the Ogden RIver???
[signature]
The Pipe is about 100 yards up the canyon from The Oaks Restaurant. It's a Blue Water line that crosses over the river. The Pump house is a little yellow shack on the south side of the road 200 yards above the red iron bridge, also above the Oaks Restaurant. You will definitely need to get wet to access these spots. Good Luck..
[signature]