Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound effects
Am I the only one who would like to see the BFT sound effects turned off? I like to leave BFT open on my computer at work, and then when I get a chance I read new messages. Having a panther, or whatever it is, growl on my computer just isn't too helpful here at work.
[signature]
I agree with you 100% Kent! I'm also here at work. I've had to put my volume down to 0, which also means I don't hear the notifications when I get a new email.

Somehow, though, I doubt that they'll do anything about it. If you remember when there was a big discussion about the Hunting Girls calendar. Basically, those ads pay the bills for BFT, and BFT can't "turn off" the sound, unless they modify the actual ad that plays the panther growl. The growl is designed to draw attention to their site, so who knows.

I'd for sure like to see it go though.
[signature]
I'll bet your bosses don't mind!!!!l[shocked][shocked] LOL
[signature]
I am not one to complain, infact I am a huge Panther martin fan, but the growling panther has got to go. Well I guess I could just turn down my volumn on my computer too.
[signature]
Me too. And the growl is fairly loud compared to the rest of the sounds on the computer so it really blasts out.

m
[signature]
I almost always keep my sound turned down or off at work. A growl sound is the least of my worriesome noises from popup and adds out there.
[signature]
No sound card or speakers on the confuzer here at work no problem
[signature]
Please can't we all just get along....WITHOUT the GROWL...
[signature]
I only get the opportunity to view BFT from home or school, so the sound isn't too big of an issue for me. However I agree that the sound should go.
[signature]
Please! Please! Please! kill the sound. Talk about annoying. I haven't been able to access the site at work because of it. I have to have sound on for chat purposes within the company and it just doesn't work out very well with the CEO in my office saying what is that annoying sound.

tightline
[signature]
[size 2]I agree a 100%. #1 it is annoying, #2 you should be allowed to turn off that feature. I tried by right clicking on banner as someone suggested to hit stop and there is no option for that.[/size]

[size 2] Only thing I found that works is refresh page and it changed banners. Then it will need to cycle around again.[unsure][/size]
[signature]
I rarly have my sound on but when I turned it on once for an E mail with sound and forgot to turn it off, it scared me good because I wasn't expecting it. I don't have sound at work so it isn't a problem. I think the new site is just what a lot of people are looking for because of the lack of ads but it might take a while for people to switch over and start using it to post. For now I'll stick with BFT. WH2
[signature]
Hello Guys,

I understand your concern and although we can not completely eliminate the sound from the banner, our advertiser is supplying a banner that only growls once. I hope that helps.

I will also discuss this with our advertiser and get thier thoughts.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer at this time but I will see what I can do.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Theangler,

Thanks for caring and for responding to our concerns. You have some very loyal members here on the Utah board.
[signature]
Thanks Mike.
[signature]
One Growl is great! The growl is cool and a great marketing idea but is annoying to hear over and over again while reading posts.

Thanks
[signature]
Thanks for helping out Mike.
[signature]
Thank you for the understanding guys, I'll let you know when its done. Actually you'll know (lol)
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I don't know how my machine is set up, but I have my sound turned on and have never heard the panther growl.

Just lucky I guess

fdg
[signature]
They always say that your hearing is the second thing to go! (LOL) My boss claims that he can't smell skunks -- which would be a real blessing.
[signature]