Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Report Sun Nov 9th, 2003
had the opportunity to fish mead with southernman and my girlfriend this sunday. was alot of fun trying to learn a new lake with many challenges to it. i did catch 3 stripers and my girlfriend landed two. i believe we lost a few bites here and there. overall the bite was slow. southernman had the hot hand of the day and he can give the details on that story. we had a excellent charter we used for the lake and southernman can give all the details there as well. i would use this charter again, very knowledgable of the lake and trys hard to get you on fish if they are biting or not. either way good trip. lots of miles driven and all for a striper. haha what we do for fishing experiences.
[signature]
Yah we had a great time even with some minor glitches . . . because of some minor mechanical problems, we hit the lake on sunday, instead of sat as planned, so we hit red rock west of vegas for some desert fun . .

[Image: mead1.jpg]

[Image: mead13.jpg]

here was southernman's date for the afternoon . . .

[Image: mead2.jpg]

x-man canyon man

after a fun night in vegas it was off to lake mead at the crack of dawn. . .

[Image: mead5.jpg]

[Image: mead3.jpg]

we went out to deep water and starting jigging 'yo-yo' style . . Capt John showed us the technique, and promptly caught the first fish of the day in 5 seconds!

[Image: mead10.jpg]

So we all started catching a few fish . . .heres some fish and ceceilia fighting a big one . .

[Image: mead4.jpg]

[Image: mead6.jpg]

[Image: mead7.jpg]

[Image: mead8.jpg]

[Image: mead9.jpg]

[Image: mead11.jpg]

if we only had 2-3 hrs to fish, we wouldve said this was a great fishing trip, but the next 4 hrs we hunted them down, riding the waves, following the shad and the birds . . but the weather has been yuk, and hte winter patterns are starting, so it was tough . . a fish here and there, caught a few casting, and even got a hookup trollingh the shallows when we were looking for some bait - the Capt threw the net a few times but nothing . . . so we got back about 1 pm, a good day, everybody caught fish - - just didnt knock em dead . . .

Capt John was really great, great boat, nice equipment, easy to use, and he got us all fish and what a good natured guide! We would recommend him to anyone coming to mead to fish . .you can go to his website at:

[url "http://www.vegasfishing.com/"]http://www.vegasfishing.com/[/url]

or email him at: [font "Arial"][size 3][url "mailto:CaptainJohn@VegasFishing.com"]CaptainJohn@VegasFishing.com[/url][/size][/font]

[Image: mead12.jpg]

all in all a great weekend!

sm
[signature]
How much did the guide service set you all back? I have been thinking about doing a guided trip.
[signature]