Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good day at porky pine
18 inch brown got another about 12 inch and about 20 koks but where only about 8 to nine inchs [crazy] seen one that a guy got that was about 16 I got most of them only 6 feet under good tho even tho it was stormy all day that's what the fish finder looked like all day and only manage 20 oh well I just bought the finder and it makes for some fun Entertainment
[signature]
Sounds like a good day out. Thanks for the report. How were the edges and roads? Had some new snow. . .

a 16 inch koke would be a nice one for the pig! I think your sub-footlongs are more the norm. Sounds like you found a few, or they found you!
The road wasn't to bad but tomuch more snow and I wouldnt drive it but all the good fishing is at the front that's where I seen all the actin to day I almost wanna say they should thin them koks a little so grow up a I seen a lot thro the hole not much bigger then 8 inch
[signature]
Good job, that sounds like a fun day. Were they hard to get to hit? Usually if I get over the fish they bite pretty well, but its usually hard to keep fish under me. Do you need a plank to get on the ice? I agree the fish need to be thinned up there, I think it's so far out there it doesn't get the pressure it needs to thin the crop so they can grow. It's a fun spot when they're biting. Glad you got into them. Later J
[signature]
Raise the limit to 24 like they did back in the mid to late 80's, that seemed to thin them out pretty good and they started to get bigger, more the 12 to 14 inch size with some stretching to 16 or 17.
[signature]
Lol in the back where the ceek comes in you have to jump two feet onto the ice but on the front where the rocks are you can walk on the ice with out a problem the fish are from the top to bottom down as far as 75 feet I got a couple on the bottom but they where sanged in the bottom of the jaw becuse the bits are not very hard I would just jig and get lucky with the bottem fly would get them a lot of the time when they pecked it I never felt it I would just watch my ice flys move under my hole
[signature]
Hey thanks for the info. Think I might try taking the scouts and see if we can thin a few. Later J
[signature]
I like bigger fish myself, maybe where it's hard to get big numbers of fishermen out there the bigger limit would help. Hey nice job on those perch they were very nice. I'll bet that was some good eats. Later J
[signature]