Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard or Mantua
I have fished Willard about 7 times since December. Tried N. Marina and outside the N. Marina to the North, West , and South. I have caught one adult shad in all those trips. What kept me going back was finding some crappie, perch or walleye of size. But my enthusiasm is wearing thin. Last trip was a few days ago, Ice is a foot and a half thick with about 10 inches of wet snow on top. So pulling a fully loaded sled around will give you some good exercise.

I have fished Mantua twice and both times caught a mixture of bluegill, perch and trout. There is a ton of 10-12 inchers planter trout in there. Just nothing of great size. You can catch some fair sized blue gill but the majority of them and the perch are small. ice is plenty thick. I do not know the snow/slush conditions as I have not been there since before the last couple of storms.

From the Bear Lake reports if read or heard about, your chances at getting something "big" at Bear Lake are greater, but the "quantity" you catch will probably be better at Mantua. You just have to decide which is most important to you.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Willard or Mantua - by cdashby - 02-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Re: [cdashby] Willard or Mantua - by finhunter - 02-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Re: [finhunter] Willard or Mantua - by cdashby - 02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Re: [cdashby] Willard or Mantua - by hogstalker - 02-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Re: [cdashby] Willard or Mantua - by finhunter - 02-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Re: [finhunter] Willard or Mantua - by 357bob - 02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Re: [finhunter] Willard or Mantua - by mike4cobra - 02-15-2013, 07:10 AM