Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Browns
Fellow anglers: I have a few questions pertaining to Jordanelle and in particular the brown trout there.

1) Are they stocked annually? I am guessing they do not reproduce very well but I could be wrong?

2) What is the biggest brown you have heard of or seen caught there?

3) How is shore fishing access at the lake? Is it fairly restricted or is there a lot of access on the shore? I have never fished there.

I appreciate the input, thanks!
[signature]
1- browns reproduce naturally. Not many places in utah that they plant them anymore.

2- heard of one that went 30 inches not sure on the weight. Saw a picture and that length seemed about right.

3- not sure I haven't been there in a few years
[signature]
I would say easy access, but it is a pay to play.
[signature]
My biggest was just over32" and the DWR got pictures and the brown was released..

And yes they do spawn..

But the biggest brown was got by a friend it was 34 1/4"..
[signature]
WOW 34 1/4 inches.. Hey Bassrod..how much did that thing weigh in at?
I know the Reservoir's Record brown is 21.5 pounds.
[signature]
Just an FYI if you are a eat'in the Big Browns...

[size 5][size 5]
[left][#000000][size 3]Warning:[/size][/#000000]
[/size][/size][#000000]Fish Consumption Advisory for Mercury in Brown Trout [/#000000][#000000]and Smallmouth Bass from [/#000000][#000000]Jordanelle Reservoir[/#000000]
[left]
[font "TwCenMT-Regular"]
[left]Jordanelle Reservoir, Utah public health officials recommend the following guidelines:
[/font][font "TwCenMT-Bold"]
[left]Brown Trout
[/font][font "SymbolMT"][size 2][font "SymbolMT"][size 2]
[left]• [/size][/font][/size][/font][font "TwCenMT-Regular"]Adults eat no more than two 8-ounce
[left]servings of brown trout per month.
[/font][font "SymbolMT"][size 2][font "SymbolMT"][size 2]
[left]• [/size][/font][/size][/font][font "TwCenMT-Regular"]Pregnant women, nursing mothers,
[left]and children should eat no more than
[left]one 4-ounce serving of brown trout
[left]per month (4-ounce serving of fish is
[left]approximately the size of a deck of cards.)
[/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up Lundman, I would never eat a big brown. Too much respect for them mainly, but the mercury is a good reason not to also.

I just like getting a picture and a memory and let them go back for someone else to maybe enjoy.
[signature]