Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mantua hyrum, or porcupine
Has anyone fished any of these recently? if so what was working?
[signature]
Hyrum is always hot, fish shallow , the bows are pre spawn or spawn, 9-12 ft, use WAX worm, tie an ice fly 6" below a kastmaster , worm on ice fly.
Boom!
Look for massive crowd towards the inlet, fish amongst them!
[signature]
thanks, what time of day usually is best?
[signature]
7-9...in mourning
If have not caught 20 fish in an hour move closer to inlet , between 7-9am you should catch 20-25 fish, bows and perch!

A lot of planters, but they are hungry and fun to catch on a light ice rod, you should average 5-6 , 16-18 inch bows by 11. Every now and then one or two will come in! And a few 9-10 inch perch!

Good luck
[signature]
Going to try Porcupine today. I'll let ya know how I did. Later J
[signature]
Well I ran up and gave it a shot. Ended up with 8 kokes from 7 to 9 inches. They are so small it's like catching perch. But when the fish were under you it was fast and fun, but I had a hard time keeping ontop of them. If your looking for something different give it a shot but its iffy and a steep climb in and out. Later J
[signature]
thanks for the report. What car did you drive up there? and how deep were you, what did you catch them on.
[signature]
I took my truck, its 4 WD and the road did have potential of being ugly its snow covered and steep climbing over the dam. Plus there were a lot of rocks falling off the hill onto the road. I also put the truck in 4WD so I wouldn't side over the edge. I caught fish on a Krocodile and castmaster. I was fishing in 60 Ft deep water and caught fish at 15 to 40 Ft deep. If the fish were there they bit but they kept leaving. They come through in clouds. Have fun. J
[signature]