Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sad day...
I always hate seeing the day "hunting season" comes to an end. I did skip out of work a little early on Friday to finish out the chukar season. Saw two small coveys, got a shot at the second one. One shot, one bird, and two happy dogs. Also got one devil bird about a week prior on my last hunt before this one.
Now, lets bring on the turkey hunt. Drew the LE Northeastern tag this year.
[signature]
I hear ya brutha! Had to break out the black arm band. I sure hope the spring treats us well, we sure need a good bird hatch!
[signature]
Drew the same turkey hunt you did this year, although we got all three of ours on OTC tags last year in May in that area. I like to go after them in April to get the spring started off. Nice looking Britt, I'm partial to them.
[signature]
Thanks, she is definitely fun to hunt behind. As far as the turkey goes, I shot one on the May OTC hunt two years again. I wasn't able to get out there much last year, and this is my first year drawing the LE tag. I hear that they are more vocal and responsive to calls in April. Have you found this ture as well?
[signature]
They responded pretty well to me in May. My son took his a day before the Memorial Day weekend, I called a long beard and 5 jakes in that evening. There were three toms in the group my wife got hers in and two in the group I got mine in, some could have been the same birds as we were hunting in the same general area. She shot hers in the evening and I got mine the next morning about 11 or so. I called all of these in with a combination of a Primos diaphragm call and a box call. I also use a Primos tom decoy with real tail feathers as well as a couple of hen decoys. Good luck on your hunt.
[signature]