Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*NEW BOARD* for fishing reports
[size 1]BFT and OUTDOORLODGE have combined to bring you the all new, ad free, super fast fishing message boards located at [/size][url "http://www.fishingmessageboards.com/"][size 1]www.fishingmessageboards.com[/size][/url][size 1]

This is in no way a replacement for the BFT boards. Just a simple alternative for them. We hope the fishingmessageboards will catch on as fast as BFT did and we want both boards to continue to flourish.

[/size][url "http://www.fishingmessageboards.com/"][size 1]www.fishingmessageboards.com[/size][/url][size 1] is ad free so it will really help the dial-up population get in their fast with their reports. There will also be no "guest" posting, as well as more added features, like avatars, custom titles, P.M. pop up notification, P.M. read receipts and so much more!!!

The boards are still under some minor construction, so your patience is appreciated if you are having trouble getting to the boards.[/size]

[size 1]So please, check it out and register a username and lets help it get off the ground!!! [/size]
[signature]
whats an avatar ?

sm
[signature]
It's the little pic under your name. On these boards, it would be where the fish icon is.
[signature]
Nice format, loads fast. Not a replacement for BFT at all, yet another place to check on threw the day.
[signature]
They sure want a lot of private info, does the info get used to send you junk mail? The site seems to have some good features though. WH2
[signature]
Not at all. Its all private and WILL NOT be sold to or traded with anybody.
[signature]
Just curious, how long has this BFT forum been going?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Just a few more questions here:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Is this new "FMB" (Fishing Message Board) site run by BFT?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]With no ads, how is it funded ... Outdoor Lodge?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I've become kind of partial to BFT stickers. Will there be "FMB" stickers.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I prefer to visit just one site for my info and sure don't look forward to bouncing between sites. Is this a trial to see which one is the most prefered by all?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I can see where the FMB could become the main preference because it is ad free, less cluttered, faster, etc. but if it were to become everyone's favorite, and posts started to dwindle over on BFT, would FMB be cut off because few people are seeing BFT ads?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Who are the moderators for the new FMB site?[/size][/font]
[signature]
To answer a few questions, the Big fish tackle site has been around in one format or another for several years. It started out as a site to sell fishing tackle for a private tackle builder, then got involved with dealing bass pro shops tackle, message boards, and alll the other features were added, and then things changed again, the site is no longer affiliated with bass pro shops, or the private tackle distributor but has evolved into what it is today.

As for the utah board, it has only been active for a couple years. If you go to my profile and check out my registration date, thats the day the BFT Utah board started up its activity.

Coot, as for the stickers, who knows what will come from the fishing message board site. Obviously without the funding of advertisers, and things like the gift shop, and affiliation with retailers, there will be some funding differences between the two sites.

The site is owned by the same company that owns BFT, Predatorial advertising. The site is just to provide another option to internet users, it will not be shut down due to competition with BFT.

As for moderators, many of the moderators and administrators here at BFT have had a great expirience with the boards, and as such have offered to beomce moderators on that site as well. But as with all message boards, moderators positions can be available to anyone who wants to get involved.
[signature]
Old_Coot:

I've tried the new site so far I found it cumbersome to use maybe it will grow on me, but this site is much easier for me to post, edit & reply to comments made by other members.

I also found myself getting "uptight" trying to figure out how to do thing withing the site. For me for now BFT is the prefered site.
[signature]
What I don't understand is why anyone would want to post messages on both boards. This site has more people on it than any other site in this state other than Waynes words. The people that hate all the advertisments will like the new site because of the lack of ads but most people don't care that much. I guess time will tell, other than replying to messages I think I'll stay here for now. WH2
[signature]
I agree, I like what we've got here, no point in using both.

We still on for Saturday at the Bear?????
[signature]
I just Checked Out The New Board And It Looks Pretty Good and looked fairly simple to use, and it loaded a little faster but there are a few problems one is I'm an outdoors kind of person so its difficult for me to sit in front of my computer long enough to check out the BFT board twice a week, also why does the one company need two message boards that are very similar. For a message board to do good it needs lots of people to use it, if half the BFT board people start using the new board it won't be as great as BFT but BFT would slow down also. Oh Well I Guess We'll See What Happens.
[signature]
Just checked out the new site...not too bad. Just wish it didn't "compete" with BFT posts. I would hope that anyone who posts there, will post the same message here as well.
[signature]
i was thinking the same thing post here post there WHATS THE HARM ?
[signature]
[red][size 3]Iv'e been truncated! Hey on your new site it looks like there are only 12 character spaces in the registration username field. I tried to voice my petty complaint there but was awaiting verification or something and it wouldn't let me post. Cheers! neveronsunda (y). [/size][/red]
[signature]
As far as I know the plans haven't changed, I'll PM you if there are any changes. WH2
[signature]