Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
02/22 Big ol' striper
Took a much deserved day off from the daily grind on 02/22. Headed up to the north end of the lake to try my skills at some cold weather LMB action....needless to say my skills apparently need improving as we didnt put a single LMB in the boat. Hit some of our normal coves and threw every bit of tackle i had with very little action.

Sitting in 25 ft of water, fishing on the bottom brush with a Berkley swim shad, my pole jerked and immediately starting taking line. Was a little nervous at first because i had gone down on line size to 8lb test to see if it would help get a strike from the more picky fish. 25 minutes later and a LOT of attention on my drag i pulled in the 18 lb Striper. Beautiful fish and a great fight. Largest i have caught out of mead. Kept her for some fish tacos....by the way she had a belly full of eggs.

[inline 20130222_160210.jpg]

[inline 20130222_160232.jpg]
[signature]
Nice fish! Glad someone else uses the North End of the lake!
[signature]
[cool] nice fish man! way to get her on 8lb test!!!! a double digit striper is always a good thing! still waitin on mine. [Wink] [fishon]
[signature]
Nice Job! Where do you launch out of?
[signature]
We dropped in at Echo. Hopped coves all day and when we were closing it out around 4:00 pm I hooked up with it. We were on the east side of the lake about 3/4 of a mile north of Echo kind of in between echo bay and the red bouy on the east shoreline. There are a few coves over that way that hold some nice fish.
[signature]
Sweet catch!
[signature]
[cool]Nice fish!! That must have been a great fight. Got to love those swim shads.
[signature]
I am pleasantly surprised how well they perform. I am not a fan of the BPS branded ones, its hit or miss on how they swim. A friend and I have been consistently catching good fish with them the last 2 months. The only thing i suggest to anyone using them is have a heavy rod for a good hook set, i have lost more then i have caught due to not getting a good hook up AND fish them on the bottom. For some reason if i keep them near the bottom its always a good time.
[signature]
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... stop telling people my spots....lol..
[signature]
Nice fish man!
[signature]
funny thing is you have the same boat I have now....
[signature]
I most certainly like my full windshield for runs this time of the year... (Madison gets all hunkered down behind the console and glass for early morning runs.)

If the weather stays nice I am planning on launching out of Echo this Saturday for a fun filled day. Hopefully...
[signature]
supposed to be in the 70's next weekend.... great time to get out there.
[signature]
Been watching that! This mornings forcast is showing Saturday warmer than Mondays forcast for Saturday plus a pinch of a overcast. If it sticks it should be a great day to be on the water and away from town.
[signature]
Don't forget, the big International Sportsmen's Exposition is this weekend too...
It should be pretty big.

http://www.sportsexpos.com/
[signature]
Nice fish man! Did you happen to measure it, what was the length on that bad boy?
[signature]