Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIllage At North Fork Steelhead Report
We're really happy to report that we have a great partnership going between the Salmon River Idaho website and The Village At North Fork (AKA: The North Fork Store).

The Mgmt. & Staff at North Fork are going to provide us with regular steelhead reports. We're not sure how "regular" will be regular but we got the first one up and running today and we hope they keep 'em coming. We're hoping they get us pictures and stuff, too. As we say in our article, they are pretty much Grand Central Station for steelhead. Anyway, here's the first steelhead article:

http://www.salmonriveridaho.net/2013/02/...eport.html

Now, we learned something in talk with them today and it is a truly SMOKIN' deal.
We had no idea they did this stuff. You rent a room in their little six-unit motel and you get breakfast AND dinner for TWO people! That's incredible.

I asked Tam Ambrose for more details about the pricing and this is what she said:

"The room rate (for all room types) is $70/night plus tax for up to two people. A third and fourth person (max per room) are charged $10 each to cover additional food cost. That is the program when the café is closed…we call it our “inn concept.” When the café is open (Friday of Memorial Day weekend to end of October), the rate is a flat $70 plus tax for up to four people, but guests receive a hot breakfast (Village Traveler—two eggs, hash browns, toast, and coffee or tea; meat can be added for $2) rather than the dinner and continental breakfast. This has the effect of reducing rates/increasing value during “off” season."

She said they had maybe 2-3 rooms still open for this weekend so this is kind of a "word to the wise" to jump that deal while you can! 208-865-7001. Don't worry, I don't get anything for repping their room gig, I just thought that is one smokin' deal that ya'll ought to know about.

Well, that's about it for right now. Well, maybe one other thing. One guy I talk to a lot in Salmon has been studying and documenting and photographing ice jams there for way more than 30 years. He is awesome Ice Jam Encyclopedia. He thinks Deadwater is gonna break up any day, like maybe before Friday. We are talking with him each day so we will post up here as soon as we know that's it's broke up. SO far, it hasn't.

Happy Fishing, jp
[signature]
Thanks for all the information keep it coming[fishin]
[signature]