Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you go for?
Not talking about ice fishing here. Just wondering how long do you like to go for. I will stay as long as ten hours if I get on the water soon enough. How about you guys/gals? Do you prefer the first half the day, the last half or some portion thereof? Or all of it like a few on here do?
[signature]
It depends on what I'm fishing for, but generally as long as possible. Most species any time of the day and all day works. When striper fishing I like to get out there about an hour before daylight till mid morning then again late afternoon till a couple hours after dark. Saltwater I fish the tides. Catfish all night long.
In short any time works.
[signature]
I wasn't thinking fishing at all from the title[Wink] but for fishing I like the first half of the day most of the time, with some summer time night catfishin.
[signature]
[#0000FF][cool]Sometimes longer than others. But a "standard" trip for me usually begins about daybreak. Although early in the year...when the water is warming through the day...I might go for a late afternoon trip. I usually like to tube earlier in the day because that is when there is the least potential for wind...usually. I can handle cold but hate the wind.

Most trips I fish until sometime after noon. Often the better action of morning tapers off for a while and I don't have the stamina any more to fish out the rest of the day...especially if the bite is off or the wind is getting worse.

I have always been an early riser and a morning person. Sometimes the fish reward me with the best bite of the day. If nothing else, I get to see a lot of sunrises.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
all day and night!!!! ill get to the lake at around 4:30 and on the lake at 5:00- 5:30 once im dressed for whatever the weather be and the toon is all set up... ill fish all day and into the night till 9:00 or 10:00 but there are also those days the wife says only a few hours or nights i cant sleep so i go out around 9:00 pm and fish till 3:00 or 4:00 am
i am what you call a fish-a-holic in all fishing soft or hard water.... i am the same way with ice fishing. i spend countless nights on the lake before work in the morning and spend almost every day off on the ice.... soft water is the same thing if there is nothing planned for a day i have off fishing becomes work that day!!!!
[signature]
I'm not much of a morning person, and I don't typically have all day to fish. My trips run from about 10 or 11am until about 3 or 4 pm. If I can manage I will stay until dark (some of my favorite bass fishing is in summer at dusk), but I usually have to head home sooner. Early and late in the season I usually only make it 3 or 4 hours before my feet are too numb to carry on.
[signature]
When the sun is out, the wind is down, and/or when the hatch is on and the fish are "up."
[signature]
As long as I can. I usually head out early in the morning and leave sometime in the afternoon. Also depends upon where I am fishing too. I agree with TD, I hate the wind!!!!! So when the big blow comes I gotta go to. [cool]
[signature]
Sunrise to sunset if possible -- as long as my arms and legs hold out. However, like TubeDude, the wind will sometimes drive me off the water after 6-8 hours.
[signature]