Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Lately
Hit the water each weekend for the past three weekends and there is not a lot to report. Sure, we have caught a few fish,but no real "Hot" action.

The 25th of October we went night fishing, things started out good with a load of shad for bait. The water ended up choppy with the wind blowing hard. We retreated into the protected cove (around hole 33) and ended up catching a bunch of small stripers, some 6-8 inches long! It amaises me that a six inch striper can grab a four inch shad.

The 31st of October was just as bad. Cold and cloudly and windy. Not many boats on the water.

The 10th of November was slow also. Try as we did, we could not catch any shad. We did catch a few stripers with lures close to shore while the birds went wild.

I know someone is catching a lot fish out there, but it is not us right now

BaySport
[signature]
thanks for the report BaySport, its kinda tough right now with the weather all nutsy . .

sm
[signature]
hey baysport, been on mead lately?

sm
[signature]
Sorry I have not posted lately, my computer melted down and has just been restored. Other than last weekend (12/6&12/7) I have been fishing Lake Mead every weekend. Twice over the Thanksgiving weekend. We've done okay, but nothing hot to report. Most days returning to the dock with 6-8 fish. We did catch a four pounder and several three pounders on our last trip.It was an all day effort to land eight fish,and it was pretty windy and cold. It seems like every time we have been able to go out the weather is less than ideal. Most of our limited success has been with live shad.

I'm not sure if I will be able to fish again this year because my wife is having her foot operated on this week and I'll be needed at home. My lovely wife won't be able to pick up the slack for me while I fish for awhile. I 'll have to stay home and pull my own weight!

BaySport
[signature]
good to hear your're back up and running ! as far as the fishin' you're doing better than 99% of the shore anglers . . .

[cool]

sm
[signature]