Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few good day's on the weber!
I have had a few extra days lately and I decided before I switch to part time at work and become Mr. Mom that I need to spend some time on the water. The first day I went out with my dad and had one of the best days i have ever had. I looked for all the deep pools and started chucking in my flies. Day one I couldn't keep them off of a red copper john and and a little pupa pattern. What a blast that day was! I nabbed a bunch in the 14"-16" range and after a handful of those i was able to land a nice 18" brown... It hit fast and hard and the fight was on! ( Pic # 1)
Landed the guy after 10 minutes of gently fighting him. Great looking healthy fish. My dad was able to get into his mojo and land a bunch of browns all in the 14"-16" in range

Day # 2:
Went out on sunday and decided to fight the rain. It was wet and cold but turned out to be another good day. That day it was all about sow bugs in grey and rainbow as well. Took a buddy I work with who hasn't been out in a while and was able to get him on a nice brown right off the bat! ( pic # 4 ) And then throughout the day we picked up a handful of decent browns. On the way back to the car after a day of rain and cold, I decided to toss in my fly one more time for that last fish... I thought I had hooked a rock but then the sucker took a dive and the fight was on! Took a while to get it in the net but once I did I pulled out a nice 19" brown. ( Pic # 5 ) The poor guy was awfully beat up though, all sorts of scrapes all over his body. Poor guy has probably been caught a hundred times!

Day 3:
My dad and I met up with Bryce aka refugeonthefly... (Great guy and great fisherman!) and what a beautiful day it was! We split up for the first little bit and I started off catching white fish right off the bat. Today was the day for white fish I guess. It was about 75% whites with a few browns thrown in. The flies for today were the sow bugs again and prince nymphs. Met up with bryce again and he snagged a nice brown and I had another white fish and then we called it a day. Again my dad was on fire and was netting fish after fish! I couldn't even keep up. What a blast that was to watch! But The best part of the day however was when we got back to the car and I had my flip flops out and ready to put on and one of the dogs roaming the property snuck in like a navy seal and took off with my flip flop! We snapped a pic of him down the road with it in in his mouth! ( last pic ) Inconvenient, but also hilarious!

Now get out and take advantage of this nice weather!

(Also if someone can show me how to post pics in the actual thread so they are easier to see that would be awesome)
[signature]
I hope you saved some fish for me [bobAngry] , looks like dad sure had a good time, must be awesome to share that with each other!
[signature]
awesome! im heading up there right now as well lol
[signature]
Ya it was a blast! He was like a kid on Christmas. He actually out fished me on Sunday which was awesome to see! Kochanut, you will have a blast! Great stretch of water... [fishon]
[signature]
Nice Haul !!! Thanks for the the pics I keep trying to get out there but the MP is so much closer to me.
[signature]
Your dad was awesome to fish with!! if your not catching fish, he will keep you entertained anyway!! You forgot to mention the fish that said, "I don't think so" before snapping ya!!! As far as the flip flop goes, pictures speak for itself... hilarious!

Beautiful day, good fishing, great people = awesome time!!
[signature]
Ya I decided to take a break from the middle and drive a bit further to hopefully shake the crowds.. Bryce your a good man! You're welcome to hit the river with us anytime! And I'm going back for that fish for a little revenge! And the dog... Ha
[signature]
Great report. Sounds like a lot of fun.
[signature]
[quote fishinfudd]Great report. Sounds like a lot of fun.[/quote] thanks was a blast! The fishing is great right now
[signature]
Killing it man! Straight up killing it. Congrats on all the fish FINALLY! so how was the traffic while you guys were there? Definitely don't be afraid to explore every part of the weber. It all fishes pretty well! Give me a call next time you guys had out. Love to meet up and share some memories.
[signature]
[quote SatanLBZ801]Killing it man! Straight up killing it. Congrats on all the fish FINALLY! so how was the traffic while you guys were there? Definitely don't be afraid to explore every part of the weber. It all fishes pretty well! Give me a call next time you guys had out. Love to meet up and share some memories.[/quote] for sure! It's been a great few days... The traffic was really slow. Only a few folks out on Sunday and noone on Monday. I'm going to explore some more of the weber this summer... Ill let you know next time we go out!
[signature]
Great report Tyler. I am considering hitting the Webe or MP tomorrow. What section of othe Weber were you on? I usually fish between Wanship and Coleville, and want to be aware of the "shoe stealing dogs", Lol.[Wink]
[signature]
I was fishing in the Morgan area... It's been very consistent all week. I hear the middle provo is seeing some great midge hatches with the occasional blue wings thrown in. But yes make sure you keep an eye out for the dogs!
[signature]
The border collie was the nicest dog ever tho! ha i want one sooo bad
[signature]
Ya such a cool dog!
[signature]
Awesome pics ! I was up there yesterday with three other of my buddies and caught about 60 all together. its been killer this year. good to see that we have a good amount of browns still in the rivers
[signature]
[quote BASS_LOVER]Awesome pics ! I was up there yesterday with three other of my buddies and caught about 60 all together. its been killer this year. good to see that we have a good amount of browns still in the rivers[/quote] For sure! I love when it not a white on the end of my line
[signature]