Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Starvation and Berry Ice condition updates?
Looing for both starvation and Berry current ice conditions. would like to head up to either starvatoin or the Strawberry bay this weekend and take the 4wheeler with me to get around.
[signature]
I don't know about Starvy, but Strawberry has very safe ice and there were 4 wheelers on the ice on Wednesday. No slush where I was.
[signature]
We fished Starvation yesterday, see Wyoguy's post titled "Starvation Revenge". The ice on the lake is still about 15 inches thick but the edges are getting a little thin and soft due to rising lake levels. We didn't have any trouble getting on and off in the Indian Bay area but that could change with the predicted warming weather. I suggest you take along a board like a 2"x8"x8' to span the soft edges. An aluminum extension ladder would also work. Just be careful or you could find yourself up to your hips on the way in the afternoon. Been there and done that too, but that's an entirely different story.
I would strongly suggest you don't use the ATV due to the soft edges. Those things can break through and they will roll over tossing you into the nice warm water. It's just a short walk out to the good areas at Indian Bay. Just look for all the holes and keep moving west toward the low island you'll see off to your left.

Mike
[signature]