Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle ice conditions?
I would love to get in one more ice trip on Jordanelle tomorrow.
Does anyone know of the ice conditions at the bottom of the PWC launch on the south side of Hailstone?
Thank you.
[signature]
You are good to go. A little bit of slush next to shore but after that hard 1" of crusty ice and then 11" of hard ice under that. Have fun be safe. P.S. The perch are still on bottom
[signature]
If go please let us know the condition of the edges.
Good luck and thanks....
[signature]
Thank you!
I will post results tomorrow.
[signature]
Ok, I will try to remember my phone and post condition edges as soon as I get my lines in the water.
[signature]
Be real carefull. I look at that ice on my way to work and the color of it has been changing every day this week. You can now see where the edge of the older ice in the bays are at and it looked like there may be a crack forming at the mouth of the rock cliff arm.

I haven't been right down to the ice to check it but it has been warm and windy for the last few day and the snow around Heber valley floor is almost gone.

On a side note stopped by the north end of Deer Creek today and it is opening up nicely. May have to dig out the tube and go bob around for awhile when the sun comes back out.

Good luck on your trip.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Edges are good, ice is about 12". My buddy just iced a decent RB and we have missed about 3 or 4 quick hits.
[signature]
That's great! Hope you stay on them, thanks for the ice conditions report. Are you on the PWC side or main ramp side?
Thanks again......
[signature]
PWC side. Quit at noon due to appt. at gun club.
Ended up with 4 decent bows and one real thick 20" bow.
Missed about 15 hits. Fish would give us one bump and if you missed it they were gone.
[signature]
Never fished the jord and am wondering where is the pwc side and what to use bait and lure? Any info would be great wanting to get some trout and maybe some perch to keep my son entertained
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]After going past the entrance/fee booth, keep going south until after you make the big turn to the east. Then take the first road on the right (south) and follow it around to the visible facilities.

Ice fishing is sometimes good right off the ramp or the shoreline to the west. But it can pay to move around until you find the fish.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks pat we will report how it goes leaving now
[signature]