Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For duckdog1us and kentofnsl
Was at Bear Lake today and did one of my crazy hooksets on what felt like a really nice fish. We'll, the fish win, and I had to rig up another rod. But hey, it's all part of fishing, and I had fun anyways. [cool]
[signature]
that sucks how deep was ya fishing that was probably a nice laker maybe tubedude can take care of you pole for you i have to send mine in

got to hate it when the fish wins like that
[signature]
Ouch:/

I got to recommend the heavy duty rods that thorne bros makes. (Google).

High quality rods, made for big fish and bigger lures and presentations.
[signature]
We were in 81 feet of water, and it was all the way down. I had already caught a 7 pounder on it before this happened. It's beyond fixable. Broke right at the cork handle.

Gemcityslayer, I'd replace it, but this is my last ice season before heading back to Alabama. I'll have to check out their rods, though, and let my other friends know about them. Thanks!
[signature]
That is what I call going ultra light on fishing rods for macks. Hate to see you leave us, but I imagine you are looking forward to going home.
[signature]
It looks thinner, but it was a pretty stout rod - not like the really stout ones I should have had. And it will miss the ice, that for sure. But yeah, I'm ready to get back there to be near my family again.
[signature]