Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibble Fork!!!
I had a blast and FFL aint a bad guy to fish around. I ended up with 132, My best day ever!
I don't like the higher up lakes. The road is too rough and the fishing is too. When I tire of Tibble I fish the Uintas.
[signature]
Nice job. My best day is like 200+ with white bass, bluegills, crappie, and perch all combined on that day.

Same here I love uinta mountains. I'm stocked for some big tigers and brookies this summer.
[signature]
[quote OldTroller]I had a blast and FFL aint a bad guy to fish around. I ended up with 132, My best day ever!
I don't like the higher up lakes. The road is too rough and the fishing is too. When I tire of Tibble I fish the Uintas.[/quote]
132?
I still got you beat by 76. One time at band camp I caught 208 trout. All over 18".
I learned from Hank Patterson. He's a hell of a good teacher.
[signature]
You guys are cracking me up...thanks, I need that[laugh]

Good thing I wasn't with you two. I seem to be bad luck for Troller[Smile]
[signature]
Were you using a morgy midge that day ha ha ha.
[signature]
Pretty sure you are ha ha ha.
[signature]
She's right, FG is the kiss of death for me.
That last time I saw you at the berry never turned around until My first fish. I looked up and you were gone. That must be it.
[signature]
Let me know when you wanna test that theory at tibble.
[signature]
I hit Tibble yesterday for about an hour and half around sunset. I caught 12 casting a Jakes.

I watched a guy in a tube fly fishing catch about twice as fast as I did.

I need to break out the fly rod in my garage and learn how to do it.
[signature]
That would be the place to try it.
[signature]
Looks like ive been converting a few people too hit TF ha ha ha [Smile].

If your going to fly fish use black woolly bugger with a silver tail flasher, black or olive leech works the best.

I'm happy to hear a few bfters having fun up there as well one guy that I converted to the bft ha ha ha. His name is flyfisher1 on here. It sounds like he goes up tibble quite a bit.

+1 [Wink]
[signature]
Perhaps you have been but not me.

I've been fishing Tibblefork about once a week this year... my first trip being Jan 1.

And many times prior to this year.

I live near the mouth of the canyon and it's great to have a fun winter lake to fish soft water pretty much year round up there.
[signature]
Did you have a good ice fishing experience up there? I was suprised how many 14-17" bows I pulled out. Nice to see the big ones are still in there and hopping for some more this year.
[signature]
FFL it seems like about 3 weeks ago I had to remind you Tibble fork and American Fork can be fast fishing late winter and early spring. The other way to look at it is I don't want everyone trying out news spots and crowding me as the snow melts so I point out Tibble and hope people are satisfied there[angelic].
[signature]
Ha ha ha yep. I'm probably not going up there for a few weeks maybe, so far I found an awesome Jordan river spot with big carps today and hope I will hook one on my fly rod.
[signature]
[quote OldTroller]I had a blast and FFL aint a bad guy to fish around. I ended up with 132, My best day ever!
I don't like the higher up lakes. The road is too rough and the fishing is too. When I tire of Tibble I fish the Uintas.[/quote] ok you have got to show me how to fly fish still water! I went to the pond the other day and threw buggers for about an hour and didn't get a single bite. While all the bait fisherman are snagging them on powerbait.
[signature]
Heh, well it is still fishing.

I took my father and nephew up for a trip this evening after how hot it has been the last few days and it was notably quieter.

But the tally was 4-5 each in about two hours... not 12 for one of us like yesterday.

I talked to a guy fly fishing and he'd done about the same -- nothing like the tallies the last couple days.
[signature]
I've never been really excited about TF but would love to get into some of the big browns that sometimes come out of there. I much prefer Silver Lake Flat for a day trouting with my son.
[signature]
There's barely any huge browns and bows in there. Most browns are 11-13" that have been pulled out lately.
[signature]
Community Ponds are much closer. Granted the scenery isn't as nice, but less gas[Wink]
They are all great to Learn to Fly Fish and pretty much guaranteed a bit...well except Tyler[laugh][laugh]
[signature]