Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter time modifications to the boat
Last fall I got a new, not new to me but NEW 1996 Johnson seahorse 4 hp from my uncle. I took it in to a boat shop in Twin Falls this winter and let them look it over. They started it and went over it well. They said it was good to go and to use the Johnson break in. So I mixed up some 25-1 gas and put it in a barrel for the first hour like it wanted. The normal gas mix is 50-1 but for the first 10 hours they want it 25-1. So I mixed up some more and I took it to Hagerman for a run. I didn't take a fishing rod since I was focusing on the break-in. I probably should have taken a rod. Trout were jumping like crazy and there was a hatch of some kind of bug going on. Any way, one of the things I needed was a place to put my gas tank. I needed it high enough that the water wasn't going to be a problem so I decided to put on a new set of side boards. I am not sure if I will stay with that location or move the take forward to get more weight up front. I am going to have to play with it a little. Ron

[Image: Img_0087_zps4a3df68a.jpg]
[Image: Img_0088_zps3b525371.jpg]
[Image: Img_0089_zps5d1f4272.jpg]
[Image: Newsideboardssmall_zps1b213b5b.jpg]
[Image: Launchsmall_zps4b305a0b.jpg]
[signature]
Looks great Ron!
[signature]
Love the ratchet straps Ron...LOL You gotta do what you gotta do...
[signature]
I got the idea from Skookum Products. They use straps to hold the floor board on. That way your not drilling the frame. Ron
[signature]
Does it have enough power to pull a skier? I'll bet it gets along pretty good.
[signature]
I don't think it would quite do a skier but. The best it does now is 6.2 MPH. I have been told hat when I go to the 50-1 mix it should speed up a bit more. Ron
[signature]
Looks like a good idea and a lot of fun.[cool]
[signature]