Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger's Marine - update/review
A while ago I made a post ([url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=785695;search_string=rogers%20marine;#785695"][#FF0000]click for old post[/#FF0000][/url]) asking about Roger's Marine. I took my 8hp, 4-stroke Honda kicker motor in for some major work at Roger's Performance Marine in Centerville, UT back in December. Roger's is a certified Honda dealer. I'm particular about who I let work on my motors and Lee's Marine in Hyrum, UT is the only person I trusted, but he said Honda motors really need to worked on by Honda dealers since Honda does not let out a lot of info on their motors to places that aren't Honda certified (repair manuals, parts, etc.). Anyway, I had the head gasket and the gasket under the powerhead replaced by Roger since water was getting into my powerhead oil . It involved pretty much tearing down the entire motor. Although it wasn't cheap (no marine places are), I feel Roger's did a great job and I'm pleased with their work. For anyone looking for a reliable/trustworthy shop for Honda motors I can recommend Roger's. However, Lee is still the place for me for Mercs and OMC's (Johnson and Evinrude), plus there isn't a nicer and more honest person on the planet!
[signature]
I'm glad you are pleased with Roger's work.
[signature]
So now all you need to do is wait for some open water, so you can get out and test it out[Smile]. Are you going to wait for Big Blue to thaw or go to the first open water you can launch on?
[signature]